World demand for home medical equipment is expected to rise 7% yearly and reach $28 billion in 2016 according to a report from Freedonia. While the United States will remain the largest market globally, the BRIC countries will be the fastest growing markets as economic prosperity increases. “In these countries, home health care activity will […]
About John Yedinak
Independa announced it closed a Series A Preferred Stock financing at $5 million to expand sales, research and development, and distribution of its technology to provide independent living solutions. The funding comes from City Hill Ventures, a previous investor, and strategic partner LG Electronics USA, with participation by additional investors. The respective amounts of investment from […]
AssuraMed announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Invacare Supply Group, a division of Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) for $150 million. The deal is part of Invacare’s focus on its globalization strategy to harmonize core global product lines and reduce complexity within its business. For AssuraMed, a leader in wholesale and home-delivered medical supplies across the […]
Spending on senior care services, which includes skilled nursing, home health care and assisted living are predicted to grow 5.2 percent annually and will amount to $319.5 billion by 2016 according to the Freedonia Group. Skilled nursing saw facilities revenue come in at $106.9 billion in 2011 according to the study and are projected to […]
Advanced Home Care (AHC), a non-profit hospital affiliated company announced last week its acquisition of Extrakare, LLC, a move that helps the company expand its home medical and equipment services into Northern Georgia. Since its founding in Norcross, Georgia in 2004, Extrakare has become a leading provider of home oxygen, positive airway pressure (PAP) and […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Little Training, Oversight Puts Home-Based Caregivers in Tough Position August 18, 2014
- Kindred Eyes Expansion of Louisville Headquarters August 25, 2014
- WSJ: Home Health Care Booming, But Leaving Workers Behind August 25, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- Philips Smartphone App Targets Aging in Place Seniors August 28, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...