World demand for home medical equipment is expected to rise 7% yearly and reach $28 billion in 2016 according to a report from Freedonia. While the United States will remain the largest market globally, the BRIC countries will be the fastest growing markets as economic prosperity increases. “In these countries, home health care activity will [...]
About John Yedinak
Independa announced it closed a Series A Preferred Stock financing at $5 million to expand sales, research and development, and distribution of its technology to provide independent living solutions. The funding comes from City Hill Ventures, a previous investor, and strategic partner LG Electronics USA, with participation by additional investors. The respective amounts of investment from [...]
AssuraMed announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Invacare Supply Group, a division of Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) for $150 million. The deal is part of Invacare’s focus on its globalization strategy to harmonize core global product lines and reduce complexity within its business. For AssuraMed, a leader in wholesale and home-delivered medical supplies across the [...]
Spending on senior care services, which includes skilled nursing, home health care and assisted living are predicted to grow 5.2 percent annually and will amount to $319.5 billion by 2016 according to the Freedonia Group. Skilled nursing saw facilities revenue come in at $106.9 billion in 2011 according to the study and are projected to [...]
Advanced Home Care (AHC), a non-profit hospital affiliated company announced last week its acquisition of Extrakare, LLC, a move that helps the company expand its home medical and equipment services into Northern Georgia. Since its founding in Norcross, Georgia in 2004, Extrakare has become a leading provider of home oxygen, positive airway pressure (PAP) and [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Medicare Leaves Potential Hospice Savings Unexplored May 9, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- Industry Leaders Called to Zero-In on Suspected Home Health Fraud May 16, 2013
- Ohio Ramps Up Home Health Care Background Checks May 20, 2013
- State Medicaid Fraud Crackdowns Now Qualify for Federal Funds May 20, 2013
- Home Health Providers Launch New Services To Survive CMS Cuts May 22, 2013
- Analysis: Home Health Copays Could Cost Medicare $16.7 Billion May 22, 2013
- NY Times: Will Robots Take the Place of Senior Care Providers? May 22, 2013
- North American Home Health Market to Surpass $130 Billion in 2017 May 21, 2013
- Home Health Industry Can Wave “Excessive” Margins Goodbye May 21, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...