World demand for home medical equipment is expected to rise 7% yearly and reach $28 billion in 2016 according to a report from Freedonia. While the United States will remain the largest market globally, the BRIC countries will be the fastest growing markets as economic prosperity increases. “In these countries, home health care activity will […]
About John Yedinak
Independa announced it closed a Series A Preferred Stock financing at $5 million to expand sales, research and development, and distribution of its technology to provide independent living solutions. The funding comes from City Hill Ventures, a previous investor, and strategic partner LG Electronics USA, with participation by additional investors. The respective amounts of investment from […]
AssuraMed announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Invacare Supply Group, a division of Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) for $150 million. The deal is part of Invacare’s focus on its globalization strategy to harmonize core global product lines and reduce complexity within its business. For AssuraMed, a leader in wholesale and home-delivered medical supplies across the […]
Spending on senior care services, which includes skilled nursing, home health care and assisted living are predicted to grow 5.2 percent annually and will amount to $319.5 billion by 2016 according to the Freedonia Group. Skilled nursing saw facilities revenue come in at $106.9 billion in 2011 according to the study and are projected to […]
Advanced Home Care (AHC), a non-profit hospital affiliated company announced last week its acquisition of Extrakare, LLC, a move that helps the company expand its home medical and equipment services into Northern Georgia. Since its founding in Norcross, Georgia in 2004, Extrakare has become a leading provider of home oxygen, positive airway pressure (PAP) and […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- WaPo Beats Government In Creation of Online Hospice Guide October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- Home Care Tops Fro-Yo, Fitness in Emerging Franchise Ranks October 31, 2014
- CMS Finalizes Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies October 31, 2014
- Breier to Lead $7.1 Billion Powerhouse Kindred Healthcare October 31, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...