World demand for home medical equipment is expected to rise 7% yearly and reach $28 billion in 2016 according to a report from Freedonia. While the United States will remain the largest market globally, the BRIC countries will be the fastest growing markets as economic prosperity increases. “In these countries, home health care activity will […]
About John Yedinak
Independa announced it closed a Series A Preferred Stock financing at $5 million to expand sales, research and development, and distribution of its technology to provide independent living solutions. The funding comes from City Hill Ventures, a previous investor, and strategic partner LG Electronics USA, with participation by additional investors. The respective amounts of investment from […]
AssuraMed announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Invacare Supply Group, a division of Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) for $150 million. The deal is part of Invacare’s focus on its globalization strategy to harmonize core global product lines and reduce complexity within its business. For AssuraMed, a leader in wholesale and home-delivered medical supplies across the […]
Spending on senior care services, which includes skilled nursing, home health care and assisted living are predicted to grow 5.2 percent annually and will amount to $319.5 billion by 2016 according to the Freedonia Group. Skilled nursing saw facilities revenue come in at $106.9 billion in 2011 according to the study and are projected to […]
Advanced Home Care (AHC), a non-profit hospital affiliated company announced last week its acquisition of Extrakare, LLC, a move that helps the company expand its home medical and equipment services into Northern Georgia. Since its founding in Norcross, Georgia in 2004, Extrakare has become a leading provider of home oxygen, positive airway pressure (PAP) and […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Care Visits Found Crucial to Reducing Short-Term Readmissions September 9, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- Fortune: Home Care Is Fastest Growing, But Worst Paying Job September 16, 2014
- CMS: ACOs Yield $372M Medicare Savings, Better Patient Care September 17, 2014
- California Court Ruling Raises New Questions for Home Care and Alzheimer’s Patients September 17, 2014
- MacArthur Grant Goes Toward Home Care Worker Rights September 22, 2014
- Government Sues NYC Home Care Agency Over Employee Discrimination September 22, 2014
- Home Health Industry Applauds Bill to Increase Hospice Surveys September 22, 2014
- Study Finds 18 Million Americans Need Home Care September 18, 2014
- Google Advances Aging Tech Plans with $1.5 Billion Research Partnership September 18, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...