Three years following a final rule that will allow for fingerprinting of workers—a measure targeting Medicare fraud—the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is finally making plans to contract with a company to conduct the background checks, according to a Modern Healthcare report. The fingerprint screening is one of several mechanisms now allowed by the […]
Two patient recruiters for Florida home health companies were sentenced on Dec. 12 for their roles in a $48 million Medicare fraud scheme, the Justice Department announced. Elizabeth Monteagudo received a 70-month prison sentence followed by three years of supervised release and was also ordered to pay $3.5 million in restitution jointly and severally with […]
Twenty Detroit-area residents were charged in early December for their roles in home health care and other schemes enacted in order to submit more than $34 million in false billing to Medicare, the Justice Department announced. The defendants include physicians, owners and operators of companies, office employees and patient recruiters have been charged with submitting […]
A patient recruiter for a Miami home health care agency was sentenced on Wednesday to nine years in prison for his role in a $48 million scheme to defraud Medicare, the Justice Department announced. Emilio Amador was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno in the Southern District of Florida following a guilty plea in […]
Two former owners of a home health care company in Miami, Florida were sentenced this week for their roles in a health care fraud scheme that bilked the federal government out of $8 million in Medicare dollars. The former owners of Flores Home Health Care Inc., Miguel Jiminez and Marina Sanchez Pajon, were sentenced to […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Minnesota Home Care Workers Petition for Union Vote Despite SCOTUS Ruling July 9, 2014
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- CMS Pledges $100 Million to Streamline State Medicaid Programs July 16, 2014
- New York Plaintiffs File Class Action Lawsuit Over Home Care Cuts July 16, 2014
- Home Health Agencies Drunk on Medicare Need to Diversify July 17, 2014
- CMS Announces Round 2 Re-Compete for DME Bidding Program July 22, 2014
- Couple Arrested in $800,000 Home Health Fraud Scheme July 22, 2014
- Minnesota HHS Funds $3.5 Million for HCBS Innovation Programs July 22, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...