A Detroit-area doctor this week pleaded guilty for her role in a home health fraud scheme that bilked Medicare out of more than $7 million. The doctor, Adelina Herrero of Ann Arbor, Michigan, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud. From April 2010 to April 2013, Herraro and others agreed […]
Home health care aides notched the highest percentage of criminal convictions in cases brought by State Medicaid Fraud Control Units last year, most commonly involving fraud. Medicaid’s fraud units recovered nearly $2.5 billion in criminal and civil investigations in fiscal year 2013, according to the Annual Report released by the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the […]
Several patient recruiters for now-defunct Miami home health company Flores Home Health Care Inc. were sentenced this week for their roles in an $8 million scheme to defraud Medicare. Lerida Labrada, 59; Mayra Flores, 49; and German Martinez, 36, all of Miami, were sentenced to serve 37 months, 24 months, and 24 months in prison, respectively. […]
Last year was a record year for cracking down on health care fraud, with $4.3 billion in recovery from fraud busts nationwide. The Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services announced last week the record performance for the year, as well as a total for $19.2 billion over the last five. […]
A Boston-area doctor pleaded guilty this week for his role in a home health fraud scheme that allegedly bilked Medicare out of more than $27 million. Dr. Spencer Wilking, former Medical Director for Waltham, Mass.-based MJG Management Company, which operated as At Home VNA, faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison plus supervised […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- WaPo Beats Government In Creation of Online Hospice Guide October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- Home Care Tops Fro-Yo, Fitness in Emerging Franchise Ranks October 31, 2014
- CMS Finalizes Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies October 31, 2014
- Breier to Lead $7.1 Billion Powerhouse Kindred Healthcare October 31, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...