Two Texans are prison-bound for their roles in a scheme to defraud the state’s Medicaid program through false home health reimbursement claims, United States Attorney Kenneth Magidson and Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced on Wednesday. Debra Jean Velasquez and Sylvia Salinas Ramirez both pleaded guilty in early September to conspiring to submit false and […]
Three years following a final rule that will allow for fingerprinting of workers—a measure targeting Medicare fraud—the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is finally making plans to contract with a company to conduct the background checks, according to a Modern Healthcare report. The fingerprint screening is one of several mechanisms now allowed by the […]
Two patient recruiters for Florida home health companies were sentenced on Dec. 12 for their roles in a $48 million Medicare fraud scheme, the Justice Department announced. Elizabeth Monteagudo received a 70-month prison sentence followed by three years of supervised release and was also ordered to pay $3.5 million in restitution jointly and severally with […]
Twenty Detroit-area residents were charged in early December for their roles in home health care and other schemes enacted in order to submit more than $34 million in false billing to Medicare, the Justice Department announced. The defendants include physicians, owners and operators of companies, office employees and patient recruiters have been charged with submitting […]
A patient recruiter for a Miami home health care agency was sentenced on Wednesday to nine years in prison for his role in a $48 million scheme to defraud Medicare, the Justice Department announced. Emilio Amador was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Federico Moreno in the Southern District of Florida following a guilty plea in […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Miami Patient Recruiters Plead Guilty in $20 Million Home Health Fraud July 14, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Minnesota HHS Funds $3.5 Million for HCBS Innovation Programs July 22, 2014
- Couple Arrested in $800,000 Home Health Fraud Scheme July 22, 2014
- Kinnser Reinvents Home Health and Hospice Software with New Features July 24, 2014
- Brightree Joins AAHomecare To Address Audit Issues July 24, 2014
- Miami Woman Bilks Medicare Out of $74 Million in Home Health Fraud Scheme July 24, 2014
- Home Training Sessions Reduced Hospital Readmissions by 39% July 23, 2014
- CMS Cuts Back on Hospice Drug Restrictions July 23, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...