Both local and national home health care trade associations have voiced their approval of the recent announcement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that prevents the enrollment of new providers in the Medicare program for select cities. Last week, CMS announced its temporary moratoria on the enrollment of new home health agencies. […]
Following in the footsteps of its initial home health moratorium last year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will now bar new agencies from enrolling in four additional U.S. metros. CMS today announced a new temporary moratoria on the enrollment of home health agencies in Fort Lauderdale, Detroit, Dallas and Houston, as well […]
Despite federal efforts to curb Medicare fraud among home health operators, a home health agency owner and operator and director of nursing were arrested this week in Richmond, Texas for their alleged roles in a recent Medicare fraud scheme. According to the Department of Justice, the participants conspired to structure bank withdrawals. Stella Maduka, of […]
The owner of a Detroit-area home health agency will serve 120 months in prison for his role in a $11 million Medicare fraud scheme. Chiradeep Gupta, 39, a physical therapist and part-owner of the Oak Park, Michigan-based All American home health agency, was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, […]
The former chief executive officer of Louisville, Ky.-based HealthEssentials Solutions and co-founder of Kindred Healthcare Inc., has resolved allegations of Medicare fraud related to HealthEssentials reimbursement claims by agreeing to a $1 million settlement. The Justice Department accused Michael R. Barr, who along with W. Bruce Lunsford co-founded the post-acute care company that’s now known […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Eight in 10 Americans Oppose Medicare Cuts to Home Health August 19, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Home Health Agencies’ Transition to Managed Care Plan ‘Lukewarm At Best’ August 27, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- Philips Smartphone App Targets Aging in Place Seniors August 28, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...