A Detroit-area doctor this week pleaded guilty for her role in a home health fraud scheme that bilked Medicare out of more than $7 million. The doctor, Adelina Herrero of Ann Arbor, Michigan, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud. From April 2010 to April 2013, Herraro and others agreed […]
Home health care aides notched the highest percentage of criminal convictions in cases brought by State Medicaid Fraud Control Units last year, most commonly involving fraud. Medicaid’s fraud units recovered nearly $2.5 billion in criminal and civil investigations in fiscal year 2013, according to the Annual Report released by the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the […]
Several patient recruiters for now-defunct Miami home health company Flores Home Health Care Inc. were sentenced this week for their roles in an $8 million scheme to defraud Medicare. Lerida Labrada, 59; Mayra Flores, 49; and German Martinez, 36, all of Miami, were sentenced to serve 37 months, 24 months, and 24 months in prison, respectively. […]
Last year was a record year for cracking down on health care fraud, with $4.3 billion in recovery from fraud busts nationwide. The Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services announced last week the record performance for the year, as well as a total for $19.2 billion over the last five. […]
A Boston-area doctor pleaded guilty this week for his role in a home health fraud scheme that allegedly bilked Medicare out of more than $27 million. Dr. Spencer Wilking, former Medical Director for Waltham, Mass.-based MJG Management Company, which operated as At Home VNA, faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison plus supervised […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 13, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- Michigan Passes “Right To Try” Law, Allows Terminally Ill to Access Investigative Drugs October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Home Health Care Tech Targets Staff Education in New Rollout October 23, 2014
- Detroit Home Health Agency Founder Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 23, 2014
- NAHC Establishes Ebola Task Force for Home Care Workers October 23, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...