Home health care aides notched the highest percentage of criminal convictions in cases brought by State Medicaid Fraud Control Units last year, most commonly involving fraud. Medicaid’s fraud units recovered nearly $2.5 billion in criminal and civil investigations in fiscal year 2013, according to the Annual Report released by the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the […]
Several patient recruiters for now-defunct Miami home health company Flores Home Health Care Inc. were sentenced this week for their roles in an $8 million scheme to defraud Medicare. Lerida Labrada, 59; Mayra Flores, 49; and German Martinez, 36, all of Miami, were sentenced to serve 37 months, 24 months, and 24 months in prison, respectively. […]
Last year was a record year for cracking down on health care fraud, with $4.3 billion in recovery from fraud busts nationwide. The Department of Justice and the Department of Health and Human Services announced last week the record performance for the year, as well as a total for $19.2 billion over the last five. […]
A Boston-area doctor pleaded guilty this week for his role in a home health fraud scheme that allegedly bilked Medicare out of more than $27 million. Dr. Spencer Wilking, former Medical Director for Waltham, Mass.-based MJG Management Company, which operated as At Home VNA, faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison plus supervised […]
Last Thursday, the largest health care fraud takedown in Washington, D.C. history resulted in the arrests of more than 20 people, from operators of home care agencies to officer workers and personal care assistants. The investigation uncovered various, separate schemes involving fraud, kickbacks and false billings for D.C. Medicaid patents. In one alleged scheme, the […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- CMS Issues Extension for Hospices Hiring Contract Nurses October 8, 2014
- Senior Community Links Hospitals With Care Visits to Reduce Readmissions October 15, 2014
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- University of Illinois Launches Caregiver Research Center October 20, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- Federal Report Presses Medicare for Stronger Anti-Fraud Reforms October 22, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...