A Boston-area doctor pleaded guilty this week for his role in a home health fraud scheme that allegedly bilked Medicare out of more than $27 million. Dr. Spencer Wilking, former Medical Director for Waltham, Mass.-based MJG Management Company, which operated as At Home VNA, faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison plus supervised […]
Last Thursday, the largest health care fraud takedown in Washington, D.C. history resulted in the arrests of more than 20 people, from operators of home care agencies to officer workers and personal care assistants. The investigation uncovered various, separate schemes involving fraud, kickbacks and false billings for D.C. Medicaid patents. In one alleged scheme, the […]
Dallas has recently become the focus of state and federal attention to Medicare health care fraud as one of the cities among all in the U.S. where home health fraud is most rampant. The Dallas Morning News delves into the issue in an article this week, looking into the population among which fraud has been […]
A Missouri home health care owner/operator was indicted this week on fraud charges alleging she made fraudulent charges involving payment of a bank loan. According to the Justice Department, Tina Kuehl of St. Louis was charged after obtaining a $305,000 property loan from Community Bank of Owensville, that resulted in foreclosure after several payments were […]
Both local and national home health care trade associations have voiced their approval of the recent announcement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that prevents the enrollment of new providers in the Medicare program for select cities. Last week, CMS announced its temporary moratoria on the enrollment of new home health agencies. […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Experts Say Overhaul Needed on End-of-Life Care September 18, 2014
- PBS: Risk Aversion Trumps Compassion in Elder Care September 25, 2014
- FBI Investigating Ohio Home Care Company for $17 Million Fraud September 25, 2014
- U.S. News: Tips for Hiring In-Home Care September 29, 2014
- Employee Union Keeps $34 Million in Dues from Unpaid Home Care Workers September 29, 2014
- Home Care Nets Less Turnover With Training Focus October 1, 2014
- Home Health Company’s Fall Prevention Program Reduced Falls by 54% October 1, 2014
- Miami Home Care Agency Owner Arrested for $8 Million Medicare Kickback Scheme October 1, 2014
- Home Care Workers Urge Labor Secretary for Wage Increase—Soon September 30, 2014
- 7 Defendants Charged in $56 Million New Orleans Home Health Fraud September 30, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...