Dallas has recently become the focus of state and federal attention to Medicare health care fraud as one of the cities among all in the U.S. where home health fraud is most rampant. The Dallas Morning News delves into the issue in an article this week, looking into the population among which fraud has been […]
A Missouri home health care owner/operator was indicted this week on fraud charges alleging she made fraudulent charges involving payment of a bank loan. According to the Justice Department, Tina Kuehl of St. Louis was charged after obtaining a $305,000 property loan from Community Bank of Owensville, that resulted in foreclosure after several payments were […]
Both local and national home health care trade associations have voiced their approval of the recent announcement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that prevents the enrollment of new providers in the Medicare program for select cities. Last week, CMS announced its temporary moratoria on the enrollment of new home health agencies. […]
Following in the footsteps of its initial home health moratorium last year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will now bar new agencies from enrolling in four additional U.S. metros. CMS today announced a new temporary moratoria on the enrollment of home health agencies in Fort Lauderdale, Detroit, Dallas and Houston, as well […]
Despite federal efforts to curb Medicare fraud among home health operators, a home health agency owner and operator and director of nursing were arrested this week in Richmond, Texas for their alleged roles in a recent Medicare fraud scheme. According to the Department of Justice, the participants conspired to structure bank withdrawals. Stella Maduka, of […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- CMS Final Rule Gives Healthcare Providers Flexibility in EHR Use September 2, 2014
- Private Duty Home Care Providers Find Internet Marketing Pays Off September 9, 2014
- Emmy Award Winner Becomes Spokeswoman for Home Care Company September 10, 2014
- Home Care Leaders to CMS: Bidding Program ‘Profoundly Flawed’ September 10, 2014
- Top 5 Value Adds to Boost Curb Appeal for Home Care Sellers September 10, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- Private Equity Group Acquires New York Home Care Agency September 15, 2014
- Families Find Caregiving Comes With Startling Expenses September 15, 2014
- ‘Medical Home’ Health Care Practices Nearly Double in Ohio September 15, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...