A federal class action lawsuit filed against New York State health officials alleges that officials are mishandling Medicaid home care services by cutting services for those who need them most, the New York Times reports. Three plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit filed against the state commissioners of the Department of Health and the Office […]
Legislative efforts to reform payment cuts to the home health industry continue to gain support on Capitol Hill with Tuesday’s introduction of a new bill that aims to reform recent rebasing rules laid forth by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act , introduced by […]
A new piece of proposed legislation that would reform the Medicare competitive bidding program to make it more equitable is being met with positive reception among government officials and industry leaders. The Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Improvement Act, H.R. 4920, if passed, would make bids from suppliers to provide durable medical equipment, prosthetic and orthotic devices and […]
The U.S. Supreme Court today ruled in a landmark decision that Illinois home care workers who provide personal assistant care services are exempt from having to join and pay union dues. The Supreme Court of the U.S. (SCOTUS) ruled 5-4 in Harris v. Quinn, stating that home care workers should not be required to pay […]
Fifteen years after a landmark Supreme Court ruling and one year following a report showing that many states have not made adequate progress in ensuring the availability of home- and community-based services (HCBS), a U.S. Senator is now taking action with a new piece of legislation. This week, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced The Community […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Acquisition Merges Home, Senior Care July 21, 2014
- Medicare, Social Security Still to Go Broke Now at Slower Rate July 28, 2014
- Home Health Care Industry a Draw For Less Educated Workers July 28, 2014
- CMS-Reviewed E-Signature Tool Increases Home Health Efficiencies July 29, 2014
- Kindred Reiterates Offer to Buy Gentiva July 29, 2014
- Home Health Agency Owner Sentenced in $5 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme July 31, 2014
- Illinois Home Health Care Nurse Charged in $20 Million Fraud Scheme July 31, 2014
- Qualcomm Invests in India Home Health Company July 31, 2014
- CMS Extends Targeted Home Health Moratorium July 30, 2014
- N.J., Massachusetts Home Health and Hospice Agencies Rebrand as Ascend July 30, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...