Maine’s state Legislature is moving along with a three-pronged package of bills aimed at strengthening the resources available to help its seniors age in place. Mark Eves (D-North Berwick), speaker of Maine’s House of Representatives, last week unveiled a comprehensive set of proposals under an initiative dubbed “KeepME Home,” which addresses key concerns of older adults, including […]
Home medical equipment (HME) providers say proposed changes to audit and competitive bidding programs for medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) suppliers should be implemented before the end of the year. As the August legislative recess is underway, industry stakeholders are voicing support for H.R. 5083, or the Medicare DMEPOS Audit Improvement and Reform (AIR) […]
A new ruling from the California Supreme Court says home health workers hired to care for Alzheimer’s patients may not sue them or their families for injuries caused by those patients. In the 5-2 ruling the court says, “California and other jurisdictions have established the rule that Alzheimer‘s patients are not liable for injuries to caregivers in […]
A federal class action lawsuit filed against New York State health officials alleges that officials are mishandling Medicaid home care services by cutting services for those who need them most, the New York Times reports. Three plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit filed against the state commissioners of the Department of Health and the Office […]
Legislative efforts to reform payment cuts to the home health industry continue to gain support on Capitol Hill with Tuesday’s introduction of a new bill that aims to reform recent rebasing rules laid forth by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act , introduced by […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Eight in 10 Americans Oppose Medicare Cuts to Home Health August 19, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Home Health Agencies’ Transition to Managed Care Plan ‘Lukewarm At Best’ August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CMS Updates Hospice Coding Requirements September 2, 2014
- Home Care Fraud Allegations Call for More Internal Oversight Among Providers September 2, 2014
- CMS Final Rule Gives Healthcare Providers Flexibility in EHR Use September 2, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...