As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
A law that exists in three states today to allow terminally ill patents the right to try investigational medicines was adopted in Michigan this week, making it the fourth state to allow this right. The “Right To Try Act,” was passed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder late last week. It allows terminally ill patients to […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued proposed regulation to modernize home health regulations for the first time since 1989 with a focus on patient-centered, well-coordinated care. The revision of the Home Health Conditions of Participation (HH CoPs) has been long-awaited, industry players say. Although CMS has made several significant revisions to the HH […]
The U.S. Department of Labor announced Monday that it will uphold its Jan. 1, 2015 timeline for extending federal minimum wage and overtime protections to home care workers, despite calls for a delay in implementation, but it will temporarily delay its enforcement of the new rule. National workers’ advocacy, civil rights and women’s groups recently […]
President Obama signed into law a bill to create greater oversight within the hospice community. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act, or IMPACT Act (H.R. 4994), received support from both Democrats and Republicans, and received praise from multiple health care and senior living organizations. The IMPACT Act also requires more frequent surveys of hospice […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- WaPo Beats Government In Creation of Online Hospice Guide October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- Home Care Tops Fro-Yo, Fitness in Emerging Franchise Ranks October 31, 2014
- CMS Finalizes Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies October 31, 2014
- Breier to Lead $7.1 Billion Powerhouse Kindred Healthcare October 31, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...