The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare, a coalition of home health care providers, has issued further emphasis on supporting legislation that would halt the “arbitrary” 14% cut to the Medicare home health benefit beginning Jan. 1. The coalition calls for increased support for the Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act, which would […]
Legislation passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that calls for greater survey frequency for hospices has garnered applause from home health industry advocates. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014, which passed the House on September 16, includes provisions mandating that all hospices are surveyed, at a minimum, once every three […]
California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pushing a “profoundly flawed” system through its proposed changes to the durable medical equipment orthotics, prosthetics and supplies (DMEPOS) competitive bidding program, the American Association for Homecare writes in a recent letter to the agency. CMS’ proposed rule seeks to use single payment amounts (SPAs) from […]
Home care workers in Washington State will soon see a spike in pay and increased benefits following a contract win by a union representing many home health workers in the state. Service Employees International Union 775 Northwest (SEIU Local 77NW) home health care workers in Washington will receive the first retirement plan for home care […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- Column: Missouri Home Health Providers Need Greater Wage Bump September 24, 2014
- SAVE Medicare Home Health Act Gains Support in Congress September 24, 2014
- 6 Ways Call Centers Are Rising to Meet Home Care Needs September 24, 2014
- UPS Survey Finds Home Health On The Rise September 25, 2014
- Home Care Workers Urge Labor Secretary for Wage Increase—Soon September 30, 2014
- 7 Defendants Charged in $56 Million New Orleans Home Health Fraud September 30, 2014
- Caring Brands Expands Footprint With Acquisition of Australia Home Care Company September 30, 2014
- NY Times: Home Health Aides Need Better Training September 29, 2014
- Employee Union Keeps $34 Million in Dues from Unpaid Home Care Workers September 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...