California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pushing a “profoundly flawed” system through its proposed changes to the durable medical equipment orthotics, prosthetics and supplies (DMEPOS) competitive bidding program, the American Association for Homecare writes in a recent letter to the agency. CMS’ proposed rule seeks to use single payment amounts (SPAs) from […]
Home care workers in Washington State will soon see a spike in pay and increased benefits following a contract win by a union representing many home health workers in the state. Service Employees International Union 775 Northwest (SEIU Local 77NW) home health care workers in Washington will receive the first retirement plan for home care […]
Home health care leaders are again vying for Medicare beneficiaries and industry workers, following suggestions that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) further cut funding and keep the “burdensome” face-to-face narrative requirement. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare expressed disappointment in the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC) letter to CMS, which called for […]
Maine’s state Legislature is moving along with a three-pronged package of bills aimed at strengthening the resources available to help its seniors age in place. Mark Eves (D-North Berwick), speaker of Maine’s House of Representatives, last week unveiled a comprehensive set of proposals under an initiative dubbed “KeepME Home,” which addresses key concerns of older adults, including […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- CMS Final Rule Gives Healthcare Providers Flexibility in EHR Use September 2, 2014
- Home Care Visits Found Crucial to Reducing Short-Term Readmissions September 9, 2014
- Washington Home Care Workers Win $14 Minimum Wage September 9, 2014
- Private Duty Home Care Providers Find Internet Marketing Pays Off September 9, 2014
- Emmy Award Winner Becomes Spokeswoman for Home Care Company September 10, 2014
- Half Of Older Americans Have Care Needs, Majority Receive Informal Help September 11, 2014
- Home Care Workers Nixed from California’s Paid Sick Leave Bill September 11, 2014
- How the Apple Watch Can Reshape Home Care September 11, 2014
- Top 5 Value Adds to Boost Curb Appeal for Home Care Sellers September 10, 2014
- Home Care Leaders to CMS: Bidding Program ‘Profoundly Flawed’ September 10, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...