Minnesota state legislature approved a bill this week that would give home care workers in the right to unionize. The state’s House of Representatives passed legislation Monday by a vote of 68-66, which would allow unions to negotiate on behalf of providers serving clients that receive government subsidies such as Medicaid. Minnesota’s Senate passed the [...]
The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare today thanked Pennsylvania lawmakers for supporting access to coordinated home-based care. The bipartisan group of Pennsylvania legislators requested that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) extend the grants provided in the Medicare Coordinated Care Demonstration (MCCD) beyond its current expiration date of June 2013. The program, which [...]
The bill that would put an end to Round 2 of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Competitive Bidding program has been gaining momentum in the House. Only two weeks after its introduction by Rep. Tom Price, M.D. (R-Ga.) and Rep. John Larson (D-Conn.), H.R. 1717 has garnered the support of 19 House [...]
The Vermont House approved a bill last week that would allow home care workers in the state to receive workplace benefits through unionization. In an 95-41 vote, the House voted in favor of home care bill S.59, which proposes to establish a Direct Support Provider Workforce Council for the recruitment and retention of home care workers, [...]
A Massachusetts hearing this week weighed the need for home care legislative measures within the state. As one of just five states that do not currently have licensure or certificate-of-need process for home health care providers, more oversight is needed, home care representatives and elected officials told Massachusetts’ Joint Committee on Health Care Financing Tuesday according [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Senior Home Care Expands In-Home Telemonitoring Services May 8, 2013
- Kindred and Dignity Enter Joint Venture to Expand Home Health in California May 15, 2013
- Strike Force Busts 89 Scammers in Massive Medicare Fraud Takedown May 15, 2013
- Tavenner Gets Official Senate Nod to Head CMS May 16, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- North American Home Health Market to Surpass $130 Billion in 2017 May 21, 2013
- Home Health Industy Can Wave “Excessive” Margins Goodbye May 21, 2013
- Minn. House Approves Union Bill for Home Care Workers May 21, 2013
- New Website Streamlines Search for Home Care Agencies May 20, 2013
- State Medicaid Fraud Crackdowns Now Qualify for Federal Funds May 20, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...