The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued proposed regulation to modernize home health regulations for the first time since 1989 with a focus on patient-centered, well-coordinated care. The revision of the Home Health Conditions of Participation (HH CoPs) has been long-awaited, industry players say. Although CMS has made several significant revisions to the HH […]
The U.S. Department of Labor announced Monday that it will uphold its Jan. 1, 2015 timeline for extending federal minimum wage and overtime protections to home care workers, despite calls for a delay in implementation, but it will temporarily delay its enforcement of the new rule. National workers’ advocacy, civil rights and women’s groups recently […]
President Obama signed into law a bill to create greater oversight within the hospice community. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act, or IMPACT Act (H.R. 4994), received support from both Democrats and Republicans, and received praise from multiple health care and senior living organizations. The IMPACT Act also requires more frequent surveys of hospice […]
The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare, a coalition of home health care providers, has issued further emphasis on supporting legislation that would halt the “arbitrary” 14% cut to the Medicare home health benefit beginning Jan. 1. The coalition calls for increased support for the Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act, which would […]
Legislation passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that calls for greater survey frequency for hospices has garnered applause from home health industry advocates. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014, which passed the House on September 16, includes provisions mandating that all hospices are surveyed, at a minimum, once every three […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- President Obama Signs Law To Bring Oversight to Hospices October 7, 2014
- Tech Firm Brings Do-It-Yourself Home Care System to Senior Living October 14, 2014
- FDA Approves 2 Philips Telehealth Apps Aimed at Improving Transition Home October 14, 2014
- Seth Rogen Partners with Home Instead For Alzheimer’s Care Campaign October 14, 2014
- Hospice Proven to Reduce Hospitalization Risk for Nursing Home Residents October 15, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- University of Illinois Launches Caregiver Research Center October 20, 2014
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- Senior Community Links Hospitals With Care Visits to Reduce Readmissions October 15, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...