As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
A law that exists in three states today to allow terminally ill patents the right to try investigational medicines was adopted in Michigan this week, making it the fourth state to allow this right. The “Right To Try Act,” was passed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder late last week. It allows terminally ill patients to […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued proposed regulation to modernize home health regulations for the first time since 1989 with a focus on patient-centered, well-coordinated care. The revision of the Home Health Conditions of Participation (HH CoPs) has been long-awaited, industry players say. Although CMS has made several significant revisions to the HH […]
The U.S. Department of Labor announced Monday that it will uphold its Jan. 1, 2015 timeline for extending federal minimum wage and overtime protections to home care workers, despite calls for a delay in implementation, but it will temporarily delay its enforcement of the new rule. National workers’ advocacy, civil rights and women’s groups recently […]
President Obama signed into law a bill to create greater oversight within the hospice community. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act, or IMPACT Act (H.R. 4994), received support from both Democrats and Republicans, and received praise from multiple health care and senior living organizations. The IMPACT Act also requires more frequent surveys of hospice […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 13, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- Michigan Passes “Right To Try” Law, Allows Terminally Ill to Access Investigative Drugs October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Home Health Care Tech Targets Staff Education in New Rollout October 23, 2014
- Detroit Home Health Agency Founder Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 23, 2014
- NAHC Establishes Ebola Task Force for Home Care Workers October 23, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...