A federal class action lawsuit filed against New York State health officials alleges that officials are mishandling Medicaid home care services by cutting services for those who need them most, the New York Times reports. Three plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit filed against the state commissioners of the Department of Health and the Office […]
Legislative efforts to reform payment cuts to the home health industry continue to gain support on Capitol Hill with Tuesday’s introduction of a new bill that aims to reform recent rebasing rules laid forth by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act , introduced by […]
A new piece of proposed legislation that would reform the Medicare competitive bidding program to make it more equitable is being met with positive reception among government officials and industry leaders. The Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Improvement Act, H.R. 4920, if passed, would make bids from suppliers to provide durable medical equipment, prosthetic and orthotic devices and […]
The U.S. Supreme Court today ruled in a landmark decision that Illinois home care workers who provide personal assistant care services are exempt from having to join and pay union dues. The Supreme Court of the U.S. (SCOTUS) ruled 5-4 in Harris v. Quinn, stating that home care workers should not be required to pay […]
Fifteen years after a landmark Supreme Court ruling and one year following a report showing that many states have not made adequate progress in ensuring the availability of home- and community-based services (HCBS), a U.S. Senator is now taking action with a new piece of legislation. This week, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced The Community […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Southern California Man Sentenced 10 Years for $1.5 Million DME Fraud July 8, 2014
- LHC Group to Acquire Life Care Home Health for $10 Million July 15, 2014
- Post-Hospital Home Care Programs Grow in Pa. Area July 15, 2014
- New Reform Bill Aims to Replace Medicare Home Health Rebasing Rule July 15, 2014
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- Acquisition Merges Home, Senior Care July 21, 2014
- Gentiva Rejects Latest Kindred Bid, Receives New Third-Party Offer July 17, 2014
- Home Health Agencies Drunk on Medicare Need to Diversify July 17, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...