A federal class action lawsuit filed against New York State health officials alleges that officials are mishandling Medicaid home care services by cutting services for those who need them most, the New York Times reports. Three plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit filed against the state commissioners of the Department of Health and the Office […]
In an effort to improve patient care and reduce costs, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a $100 million initiative to provide federal tools and resources to state Medicaid programs. The Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP), developed with input from the National Governors Association, is CMS’ latest effort to support payment and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed a rule that would cut Medicare reimbursements for durable medical equipment (DME), prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) by more than $7 billion from 2016 to 2020. The proposed rule would create significant changes to Medicare coverage and payment policies for DMEPOS, including a methodology for adjusting […]
Medical supply company CardioSom, LLC has prevailed in its lawsuit against the U.S. government, paving the way for some 300 other providers to follow suit, HME News reports. Chief Judge Patricia Campbell-Smith of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims recently ruled that the government was in breach of contract when it rescinded contracts in the original […]
The leading coalition of home health providers has put forth a proposal that could save more than $15 billion over 10 years by improving the Medicare pay model. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare recently proposed Skilled Home Health and Integrity Program Savings (SHHIPS), which would move Medicare away from a “pay and chase” model by preventing […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Southern California Man Sentenced 10 Years for $1.5 Million DME Fraud July 8, 2014
- LHC Group to Acquire Life Care Home Health for $10 Million July 15, 2014
- Post-Hospital Home Care Programs Grow in Pa. Area July 15, 2014
- New Reform Bill Aims to Replace Medicare Home Health Rebasing Rule July 15, 2014
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- Acquisition Merges Home, Senior Care July 21, 2014
- Gentiva Rejects Latest Kindred Bid, Receives New Third-Party Offer July 17, 2014
- Home Health Agencies Drunk on Medicare Need to Diversify July 17, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...