The Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which encompasses 2 million members in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, does not have to pay back more than $34 million in dues collected from thousands of home health care workers who were forced into the union, a Michigan court ruled recently. The Michigan Court of Appeals ruled […]
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking into the operations of a Northeast Ohio home health care agency on suspicions of health care fraud totaling more than $17 million, according to Northern District of Ohio court documents. Filings with the court indicate the FBI is investigating Just Like Familee, a home health care agency […]
Legislation passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that calls for greater survey frequency for hospices has garnered applause from home health industry advocates. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014, which passed the House on September 16, includes provisions mandating that all hospices are surveyed, at a minimum, once every three […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pushing a “profoundly flawed” system through its proposed changes to the durable medical equipment orthotics, prosthetics and supplies (DMEPOS) competitive bidding program, the American Association for Homecare writes in a recent letter to the agency. CMS’ proposed rule seeks to use single payment amounts (SPAs) from […]
Home health care leaders are again vying for Medicare beneficiaries and industry workers, following suggestions that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) further cut funding and keep the “burdensome” face-to-face narrative requirement. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare expressed disappointment in the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC) letter to CMS, which called for […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- President Obama Signs Law To Bring Oversight to Hospices October 7, 2014
- Tech Firm Brings Do-It-Yourself Home Care System to Senior Living October 14, 2014
- FDA Approves 2 Philips Telehealth Apps Aimed at Improving Transition Home October 14, 2014
- Seth Rogen Partners with Home Instead For Alzheimer’s Care Campaign October 14, 2014
- Hospice Proven to Reduce Hospitalization Risk for Nursing Home Residents October 15, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- University of Illinois Launches Caregiver Research Center October 20, 2014
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- Senior Community Links Hospitals With Care Visits to Reduce Readmissions October 15, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...