State Medicaid fraud prevention programs now have the ability to receive federal funding to identify fraud through data mining, according to a new final rule from the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services. The new rule amends a provision in HHS regulations that barred state Medicaid Fraud Control [...]
The state of Ohio will be ramping up on background checks for home health care workers as a result of a new $2.1 million federal grant. The Ohio Governor’s Office of Health Transformation (OHT) has announced the state will use the grant to improve criminal background checks for direct-care workers in home- and community-based settings, and [...]
The United States Senate confirmed Marilyn Tavenner as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, announced Wednesday. “Marilyn brings with her a breadth of experience and expertise from virtually all angles of health care policy and delivery, having served as a [...]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) began sending emails last week to notify patients of the impending Round 2 of its Competitive Bidding program. CMS also sent emails to providers of home medical equipment (HME), notifying them that the agency would also be reaching out to patients, HME Business reports. The messages describe [...]
Medicare has yet to launch a concurrent care program that would pay for Medicare beneficiaries to receive joint hospice and curative treatments despite a Congressional directive issued three years ago, Kaiser Health News reports. Many beneficiaries drag their feet to enroll in a hospice program, preferring to use all available treatment options—something they must agree [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Patient Recruiter Sentenced in $20 Million Home Health Kickback Scheme May 7, 2013
- CMS Seeks Input on Proposed 2014 Hospice Wage Index May 14, 2013
- Remote Monitoring Home Care Tech Forecasts Market Swell May 14, 2013
- Pennsylvania Praised for Supporting Efforts to Home Care Access May 15, 2013
- Kindred and Dignity Enter Joint Venture to Expand Home Health in California May 15, 2013
- New Site Streamlines Search for Home Care Agencies May 20, 2013
- State Medicaid Fraud Crackdowns Now Qualify for Federal Funds May 20, 2013
- Ohio Ramps Up Home Health Care Background Checks May 20, 2013
- Industry Leaders Called to Zero-In on Suspected Home Health Fraud May 16, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...