In one of Minnesota’s largest labor organizing efforts since the Depression, thousands of home care workers across the state voted to create their own union, according to several reports. The final tally was 3,543 in favor of a union and 2,306 opposed, according to data released Tuesday by the state’s Bureau of Mediation Services. With the […]
Maine’s state Legislature is moving along with a three-pronged package of bills aimed at strengthening the resources available to help its seniors age in place. Mark Eves (D-North Berwick), speaker of Maine’s House of Representatives, last week unveiled a comprehensive set of proposals under an initiative dubbed “KeepME Home,” which addresses key concerns of older adults, including […]
A reaction to managed care from home care agencies and joint home care/hospice agencies can be described as “lukewarm at best,” according to a new report by The National Council on Medicaid Home Care. In July and August, National Association for Home Care & Hospice’s affiliate, the National Council on Medicaid Home Care, surveyed its members as […]
Home health care is among the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S., projected to create nearly a million new jobs in the next decade. But the growth isn’t without significant challenges, the Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts the profession will grow by nearly 50% by 2022, the equivalent of close to […]
Federal investigators announced Friday the take down of a massive health care fraud scheme that involved more than $60 million of improper billing to Medicare and Medicaid and the convictions of 39 defendants in Michigan. Propagated by ringleader Babubhai Patel, 51, of Canton, Mich., the scheme involved 26 pharmacies, nine doctors and several home health […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Little Training, Oversight Puts Home-Based Caregivers in Tough Position August 18, 2014
- Kindred Eyes Expansion of Louisville Headquarters August 25, 2014
- WSJ: Home Health Care Booming, But Leaving Workers Behind August 25, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- Philips Smartphone App Targets Aging in Place Seniors August 28, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...