The debate over minimum wage in the home health care industry continues, as the most recent critics prove to be an unlikely group to criticize the movement: disability rights advocates, Bloomberg BusinessWeek reports. The article follows the Department of Labor’s decision earlier this month to delay enforcement of its new rule extending minimum wage and […]
While Medicare fraud isn’t specific to any one sector of healthcare, it can be a blemish on industries like home health, which ultimately suffer due to a few bad actors. However, implementing several key integrity reform measures can help strengthen federal payers like Medicare from further abusive practices, according to a recent report from the […]
Following a statewide campaign to raise the minimum wage, the Missouri Home Care Union announced Monday it had reached a deal with state negotiators to raise the wage for its home health workers. The collective bargaining agreement set home health care attendants’ wage between $8.50 and $10.15 an hour, less than the $11 proposed minimum […]
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which encompasses 2 million members in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, does not have to pay back more than $34 million in dues collected from thousands of home health care workers who were forced into the union, a Michigan court ruled recently. The Michigan Court of Appeals ruled […]
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking into the operations of a Northeast Ohio home health care agency on suspicions of health care fraud totaling more than $17 million, according to Northern District of Ohio court documents. Filings with the court indicate the FBI is investigating Just Like Familee, a home health care agency […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- WaPo Beats Government In Creation of Online Hospice Guide October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- Home Care Tops Fro-Yo, Fitness in Emerging Franchise Ranks October 31, 2014
- CMS Finalizes Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies October 31, 2014
- Breier to Lead $7.1 Billion Powerhouse Kindred Healthcare October 31, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...