The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pushing a “profoundly flawed” system through its proposed changes to the durable medical equipment orthotics, prosthetics and supplies (DMEPOS) competitive bidding program, the American Association for Homecare writes in a recent letter to the agency. CMS’ proposed rule seeks to use single payment amounts (SPAs) from […]
Home health care leaders are again vying for Medicare beneficiaries and industry workers, following suggestions that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) further cut funding and keep the “burdensome” face-to-face narrative requirement. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare expressed disappointment in the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC) letter to CMS, which called for […]
In the health care industry’s quest to lower avoidable hospital readmission rates, recent findings by state Medicaid Medical Directors (MMD) now highlight the high costs — and prevalence — of Medicaid readmissions. The 30-day Medicaid readmissions rates for 19 participating states varied, but accounted for an average of 9.4% of all admissions, according to MMD […]
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published a final rule Friday that allows health care providers more flexibility in how they meet meaningful-use guidelines for the EHR Incentive Program reporting period for 2014, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced. Under the final rule, which left a previous proposal in May […]
In one of Minnesota’s largest labor organizing efforts since the Depression, thousands of home care workers across the state voted to create their own union, according to several reports. The final tally was 3,543 in favor of a union and 2,306 opposed, according to data released Tuesday by the state’s Bureau of Mediation Services. With the […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Senior Living Provider Expands Home Care Service Options September 8, 2014
- Families Find Caregiving Comes With Startling Expenses September 15, 2014
- Private Equity Group Acquires New York Home Care Agency September 15, 2014
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- Study Finds 18 Million Americans Need Home Care September 18, 2014
- Google Advances Aging Tech Plans with $1.5 Billion Research Partnership September 18, 2014
- Experts Say Overhaul Needed on End-of-Life Care September 18, 2014
- Providence Health System Launches $150 Million Fund to Spur Tech Innovation September 17, 2014
- California Court Ruling Raises New Questions for Home Care and Alzheimer’s Patients September 17, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...