The National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) has sent a letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), pushing the agency to give hospice organizations more time to comply with upcoming cost report changes. Industry organizations await CMS’ final version of the revised Hospice Cost & Data Report, which proposes significant […]
The Social Security and Medicare Boards of Trustees annual review of the programs finds Medicare is projected to have sufficient funds four years longer than what was projected last year; and reports no change from the 2013 report’s projection that Social Security funds will be exhausted in 2033. The new projection for the Medicare Hospital Insurance (HI) […]
A federal class action lawsuit filed against New York State health officials alleges that officials are mishandling Medicaid home care services by cutting services for those who need them most, the New York Times reports. Three plaintiffs are named in the lawsuit filed against the state commissioners of the Department of Health and the Office […]
In an effort to improve patient care and reduce costs, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has launched a $100 million initiative to provide federal tools and resources to state Medicaid programs. The Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP), developed with input from the National Governors Association, is CMS’ latest effort to support payment and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed a rule that would cut Medicare reimbursements for durable medical equipment (DME), prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) by more than $7 billion from 2016 to 2020. The proposed rule would create significant changes to Medicare coverage and payment policies for DMEPOS, including a methodology for adjusting […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- Miami Woman Bilks Medicare Out of $74 Million in Home Health Fraud Scheme July 24, 2014
- Brightree Joins AAHomecare To Address Audit Issues July 24, 2014
- Kinnser Reinvents Home Health and Hospice Software with New Features July 24, 2014
- Invacare Q2 Earnings Tumble On HME Audits July 28, 2014
- CMS Extends Targeted Home Health Moratorium July 30, 2014
- N.J., Massachusetts Home Health and Hospice Agencies Rebrand as Ascend July 30, 2014
- NAHC to CMS: Hospices Need More Time to Comply With Cost Reporting Changes July 30, 2014
- Massachusetts Hospitals’ Discharge Trends Exceed Other States July 29, 2014
- Kindred Reiterates Offer to Buy Gentiva July 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...