Maine’s state Legislature is moving along with a three-pronged package of bills aimed at strengthening the resources available to help its seniors age in place. Mark Eves (D-North Berwick), speaker of Maine’s House of Representatives, last week unveiled a comprehensive set of proposals under an initiative dubbed “KeepME Home,” which addresses key concerns of older adults, including […]
A reaction to managed care from home care agencies and joint home care/hospice agencies can be described as “lukewarm at best,” according to a new report by The National Council on Medicaid Home Care. In July and August, National Association for Home Care & Hospice’s affiliate, the National Council on Medicaid Home Care, surveyed its members as […]
Home health care is among the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S., projected to create nearly a million new jobs in the next decade. But the growth isn’t without significant challenges, the Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts the profession will grow by nearly 50% by 2022, the equivalent of close to […]
Federal investigators announced Friday the take down of a massive health care fraud scheme that involved more than $60 million of improper billing to Medicare and Medicaid and the convictions of 39 defendants in Michigan. Propagated by ringleader Babubhai Patel, 51, of Canton, Mich., the scheme involved 26 pharmacies, nine doctors and several home health […]
Average overall rating of hospice care is 93 out of 100, according to the latest results of a survey by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). In the Hospice Experience of Care Survey, more than 1,100 individuals reported experiences from decedents receiving hospice care from 29 different hospice organizations. The survey is meant to act […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Care Assistance Grows North of the Border with New Canada Branch August 14, 2014
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty in $22 Million Medicare Scheme August 21, 2014
- Kansas Fights Federal Labor Rule for Home Health Workers August 21, 2014
- WaPo: Lethal Dose Cases Arise Within Hospice Boom August 25, 2014
- Kindred Eyes Expansion of Louisville Headquarters August 25, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- Home Health Agencies’ Transition to Managed Care Plan ‘Lukewarm At Best’ August 27, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...