As Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) continue to emerge in the home health care sector, the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released quality and financial performance results Tuesday that show Medicare ACOs are having a positive impact. ACOs in the Pioneer ACO Model and Medicare Shared Savings Program generated over $372 million in […]
National home health, hospice and post-acute care provider LHC Group (NASDAQ: LHCG) announced it has recently closed its previously stated acquisition of Life Care Home Health. The deal, which was announced in July, entails LHC acquiring 13 home health agencies across six states for $10 million in cash, thus expanding the company’s footprint to 350 […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pushing a “profoundly flawed” system through its proposed changes to the durable medical equipment orthotics, prosthetics and supplies (DMEPOS) competitive bidding program, the American Association for Homecare writes in a recent letter to the agency. CMS’ proposed rule seeks to use single payment amounts (SPAs) from […]
The owner and operator of a Miami, Fla., home health care company was sentenced to more than six years in prison Monday for her alleged participation in a $6.5 million Medicare fraud scheme, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced. Cruz Sonia Collado, 64, was an owner and operator of the now-defunct home health care […]
Home health care leaders are again vying for Medicare beneficiaries and industry workers, following suggestions that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) further cut funding and keep the “burdensome” face-to-face narrative requirement. The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare expressed disappointment in the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC) letter to CMS, which called for […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Health, Personal Care Aides Top List of U.S. Fastest Growing Jobs September 3, 2014
- Top 5 Value Adds to Boost Curb Appeal for Home Care Sellers September 10, 2014
- How the Apple Watch Can Reshape Home Care September 11, 2014
- Home Care Workers Nixed from California’s Paid Sick Leave Bill September 11, 2014
- Half Of Older Americans Have Care Needs, Majority Receive Informal Help September 11, 2014
- California Court Ruling Raises New Questions for Home Care and Alzheimer’s Patients September 17, 2014
- CMS: ACOs Yield $372M Medicare Savings, Better Patient Care September 17, 2014
- Fortune: Home Care Is Fastest Growing, But Worst Paying Job September 16, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...