What were popular in the past but have recently begun to reemerge as healthcare providers strive to lower costs while simultaneously improve care, house calls continue to show their effectiveness in saving money for federal programs like Medicare, a recent study finds. Researchers with MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a 926-bed teaching and research hospital in Washington, […]
Home health care is among the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S., projected to create nearly a million new jobs in the next decade. But the growth isn’t without significant challenges, the Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts the profession will grow by nearly 50% by 2022, the equivalent of close to […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
More than eight in 10 registered voters support action to prevent cuts to Medicare Home Health, a recent national survey finds. The cuts are estimated to directly affect more than one million seniors and nearly half a million home health professionals. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes July 1 that would reduce […]
Home medical equipment (HME) providers say proposed changes to audit and competitive bidding programs for medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) suppliers should be implemented before the end of the year. As the August legislative recess is underway, industry stakeholders are voicing support for H.R. 5083, or the Medicare DMEPOS Audit Improvement and Reform (AIR) […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Qualcomm Taps Collaborators to Develop Next Gen of Health Care Tech August 13, 2014
- Judge OKs Vote On Minnesota Home Care Worker Union August 20, 2014
- Hospital Group Opposes Proposed CMS Home Health Audit Rules August 20, 2014
- Invacare Restructuring Plan Calls for 190 Workforce Cuts August 21, 2014
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty in $22 Million Medicare Scheme August 21, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- WSJ: Home Health Care Booming, But Leaving Workers Behind August 25, 2014
- Kindred Eyes Expansion of Louisville Headquarters August 25, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...