A Miami resident who owned a home health care company and was the administrator of another pleaded guilty for her involvement in a $74 million Medicare fraud scheme. Elsa Ruiz, 45, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Marcia G. Cooke to one count of conspiracy to commit heath care fraud. According to court documents, Ruiz […]
Reducing hospital readmissions for Medicare patients post-discharge doesn’t necessarily have to involve the latest tech gadgetry or even visits from a home health aide, a recent study suggests. Researchers from University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio found that an hour-long coaching session and three follow-up phone calls helped reduce hospital readmissions among Medicare […]
Last week, CMS announced plans to re-compete the supplier contracts awarded in Round 2 of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. By law, CMS is required to re-compete contracts under the DMEPOS bidding program at least once every three years. Under the program, DMEPOS providers bid against each […]
An Illinois couple has been arrested and charged with several counts of health care fraud after allegedly bilking Medicare for more than $800,000 and paying kickbacks for referrals of Medicare patients. John Yousefzai and Armanouhi Arzomanian owned and operated Medicose Home Health Care Service, Inc., which employed physicians and provided in-home medical services to patients. […]
In an industry rife with funding cuts, it will be sink or swim for home health and hospice providers who want to continue operating under thinning margins and rising regulations. Those providers who can diversify their service offerings, however, can find the lifesaver they need to survive in the current Medicare home health environment marked […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Miami Patient Recruiters Plead Guilty in $20 Million Home Health Fraud July 14, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Minnesota HHS Funds $3.5 Million for HCBS Innovation Programs July 22, 2014
- Couple Arrested in $800,000 Home Health Fraud Scheme July 22, 2014
- Kinnser Reinvents Home Health and Hospice Software with New Features July 24, 2014
- Brightree Joins AAHomecare To Address Audit Issues July 24, 2014
- Miami Woman Bilks Medicare Out of $74 Million in Home Health Fraud Scheme July 24, 2014
- Home Training Sessions Reduced Hospital Readmissions by 39% July 23, 2014
- CMS Cuts Back on Hospice Drug Restrictions July 23, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...