A co-owner of Professional Medical Home Health LLC has been sentenced to serve nearly six years in prison and ordered to pay $6.2 million in restitution for her participation in a health care fraud scheme involving the now defunct home health care company. Annarella Garcia, 44, of Hialeah, Fla. pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit health […]
What were popular in the past but have recently begun to reemerge as healthcare providers strive to lower costs while simultaneously improve care, house calls continue to show their effectiveness in saving money for federal programs like Medicare, a recent study finds. Researchers with MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a 926-bed teaching and research hospital in Washington, […]
Home health care is among the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S., projected to create nearly a million new jobs in the next decade. But the growth isn’t without significant challenges, the Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts the profession will grow by nearly 50% by 2022, the equivalent of close to […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
More than eight in 10 registered voters support action to prevent cuts to Medicare Home Health, a recent national survey finds. The cuts are estimated to directly affect more than one million seniors and nearly half a million home health professionals. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes July 1 that would reduce […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Eight in 10 Americans Oppose Medicare Cuts to Home Health August 19, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Home Health Agencies’ Transition to Managed Care Plan ‘Lukewarm At Best’ August 27, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- Philips Smartphone App Targets Aging in Place Seniors August 28, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...