On the heels of an announcement yesterday that nearly 100 individuals have defrauded the government for $223 million in Medicare fraud, home health leaders are calling for a more targeted approach to zero-in on suspected areas within their industry. “The government’s own data show that abusive billing practices in home health occur in isolated parts [...]
The United States Senate confirmed Marilyn Tavenner as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, announced Wednesday. “Marilyn brings with her a breadth of experience and expertise from virtually all angles of health care policy and delivery, having served as a [...]
At least three home health agencies were busted in a nationwide Medicare Fraud Strike Force takedown of 89 people in eight cities for their alleged roles in submitting about $223 million in bogus charges to the taxpayer-funded program, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Justice announced on Tuesday. The indictments [...]
The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare today thanked Pennsylvania lawmakers for supporting access to coordinated home-based care. The bipartisan group of Pennsylvania legislators requested that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) extend the grants provided in the Medicare Coordinated Care Demonstration (MCCD) beyond its current expiration date of June 2013. The program, which [...]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) began sending emails last week to notify patients of the impending Round 2 of its Competitive Bidding program. CMS also sent emails to providers of home medical equipment (HME), notifying them that the agency would also be reaching out to patients, HME Business reports. The messages describe [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Care, Hospice Components Add Competitive Edge in ACO Bids May 6, 2013
- CMS Warns Beneficiaries of DME Provider Change May 13, 2013
- CMS Deadline Approaches for Grandfathering DME Suppliers May 13, 2013
- Home Care Non-Profit Partners with CellTrak for Patient Monitoring May 14, 2013
- CMS Seeks Input on Proposed 2014 Hospice Wage Index May 14, 2013
- Industry Leaders Called to Zero-In on Suspected Home Health Fraud May 16, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- Tavenner Gets Official Senate Nod to Head CMS May 16, 2013
- Strike Force Busts 89 Scammers in Massive Medicare Fraud Takedown May 15, 2013
- Kindred and Dignity Enter Joint Venture to Expand Home Health in California May 15, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...