The founder of three Detroit-area home health agencies has pleaded guilty in federal court for his role in a $22 million home health care fraud scheme involving kickbacks, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced this week. Tayyab Aziz, 45, of Homer Glen, Ill., pleaded guilty in the Eastern District of Michigan to one count […]
As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
While Medicare fraud isn’t specific to any one sector of healthcare, it can be a blemish on industries like home health, which ultimately suffer due to a few bad actors. However, implementing several key integrity reform measures can help strengthen federal payers like Medicare from further abusive practices, according to a recent report from the […]
About 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are finding that their needs for care far exceed the scope of Medicare coverage — leaving them with few options, according to U.S. News & World Report. The disconnect between coverage and needs are “part of the long-term care catastrophe looming for many in the U.S.,” where the […]
A former owner and manager of two Detroit-area home health care agencies pleaded guilty last week in federal court for his role in a Medicare fraud conspiracy that bilked $22 billion from the federal program. Usman Butt, 40, of Shelby Township, Mich., pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Bernard A. Friedman in the Eastern District […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- Home Health Care Tech Targets Staff Education in New Rollout October 23, 2014
- BusinessWeek: Wage Debate Continues for Home Health Workers October 27, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- Caregiving Costs Americans $522 Billion Annually October 29, 2014
- Federal Contractor Buys Texas Home Health Care Agency October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...