The founder of three Detroit-area home health agencies has pleaded guilty in federal court for his role in a $22 million home health care fraud scheme involving kickbacks, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced this week. Tayyab Aziz, 45, of Homer Glen, Ill., pleaded guilty in the Eastern District of Michigan to one count […]
As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
While Medicare fraud isn’t specific to any one sector of healthcare, it can be a blemish on industries like home health, which ultimately suffer due to a few bad actors. However, implementing several key integrity reform measures can help strengthen federal payers like Medicare from further abusive practices, according to a recent report from the […]
About 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are finding that their needs for care far exceed the scope of Medicare coverage — leaving them with few options, according to U.S. News & World Report. The disconnect between coverage and needs are “part of the long-term care catastrophe looming for many in the U.S.,” where the […]
A former owner and manager of two Detroit-area home health care agencies pleaded guilty last week in federal court for his role in a Medicare fraud conspiracy that bilked $22 billion from the federal program. Usman Butt, 40, of Shelby Township, Mich., pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Bernard A. Friedman in the Eastern District […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 13, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- Michigan Passes “Right To Try” Law, Allows Terminally Ill to Access Investigative Drugs October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Home Health Care Tech Targets Staff Education in New Rollout October 23, 2014
- Detroit Home Health Agency Founder Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 23, 2014
- NAHC Establishes Ebola Task Force for Home Care Workers October 23, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...