The owner of a Miami home health care agency has been arrested in connection with an $8 million health care fraud scheme involving kickbacks, according to FBI reports. Orelvis Olivera, 45, of Miami, was charged earlier this week with conspiracy to commit health care and wire fraud, conspiracy to pay and receive kickbacks and paying […]
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which encompasses 2 million members in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, does not have to pay back more than $34 million in dues collected from thousands of home health care workers who were forced into the union, a Michigan court ruled recently. The Michigan Court of Appeals ruled […]
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking into the operations of a Northeast Ohio home health care agency on suspicions of health care fraud totaling more than $17 million, according to Northern District of Ohio court documents. Filings with the court indicate the FBI is investigating Just Like Familee, a home health care agency […]
The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare, a coalition of home health care providers, has issued further emphasis on supporting legislation that would halt the “arbitrary” 14% cut to the Medicare home health benefit beginning Jan. 1. The coalition calls for increased support for the Securing Access Via Excellence (SAVE) Medicare Home Health Act, which would […]
Legislation passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that calls for greater survey frequency for hospices has garnered applause from home health industry advocates. The Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act of 2014, which passed the House on September 16, includes provisions mandating that all hospices are surveyed, at a minimum, once every three […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Experts Say Overhaul Needed on End-of-Life Care September 18, 2014
- PBS: Risk Aversion Trumps Compassion in Elder Care September 25, 2014
- FBI Investigating Ohio Home Care Company for $17 Million Fraud September 25, 2014
- U.S. News: Tips for Hiring In-Home Care September 29, 2014
- Employee Union Keeps $34 Million in Dues from Unpaid Home Care Workers September 29, 2014
- Home Care Nets Less Turnover With Training Focus October 1, 2014
- Home Health Company’s Fall Prevention Program Reduced Falls by 54% October 1, 2014
- Miami Home Care Agency Owner Arrested for $8 Million Medicare Kickback Scheme October 1, 2014
- Home Care Workers Urge Labor Secretary for Wage Increase—Soon September 30, 2014
- 7 Defendants Charged in $56 Million New Orleans Home Health Fraud September 30, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...