The controversial face-to-face encounter requirements have been the subject of concern for many home health care organizations, whose staff and physicians must complete hours of “burdensome” paperwork to comply with the new regulations, industry professionals say. But with a surge in the use of electronic health records, a product has emerged that is helping physicians […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has scaled back its restrictions requiring all hospice drugs to be approved before they can be dispensed. Now, prior authorization will only be necessary for four categories of prescription drugs: analgesics, anti-nauseants, laxatives and anti-anxiety medications, according to a recent CMS memorandum. “We recognize that the operational […]
Last week, CMS announced plans to re-compete the supplier contracts awarded in Round 2 of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. By law, CMS is required to re-compete contracts under the DMEPOS bidding program at least once every three years. Under the program, DMEPOS providers bid against each […]
A new piece of proposed legislation that would reform the Medicare competitive bidding program to make it more equitable is being met with positive reception among government officials and industry leaders. The Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Improvement Act, H.R. 4920, if passed, would make bids from suppliers to provide durable medical equipment, prosthetic and orthotic devices and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed a rule that would cut Medicare reimbursements for durable medical equipment (DME), prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) by more than $7 billion from 2016 to 2020. The proposed rule would create significant changes to Medicare coverage and payment policies for DMEPOS, including a methodology for adjusting […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- Home Training Sessions Reduced Hospital Readmissions by 39% July 23, 2014
- Miami Woman Bilks Medicare Out of $74 Million in Home Health Fraud Scheme July 24, 2014
- Brightree Joins AAHomecare To Address Audit Issues July 24, 2014
- Kinnser Reinvents Home Health and Hospice Software with New Features July 24, 2014
- Massachusetts Hospitals’ Discharge Trends Exceed Other States July 29, 2014
- Kindred Reiterates Offer to Buy Gentiva July 29, 2014
- CMS-Reviewed E-Signature Tool Increases Home Health Efficiencies July 29, 2014
- Home Health Care Industry a Draw For Less Educated Workers July 28, 2014
- Medicare, Social Security Still to Go Broke Now at Slower Rate July 28, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...