Last week, CMS announced plans to re-compete the supplier contracts awarded in Round 2 of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. By law, CMS is required to re-compete contracts under the DMEPOS bidding program at least once every three years. Under the program, DMEPOS providers bid against each […]
A new piece of proposed legislation that would reform the Medicare competitive bidding program to make it more equitable is being met with positive reception among government officials and industry leaders. The Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Improvement Act, H.R. 4920, if passed, would make bids from suppliers to provide durable medical equipment, prosthetic and orthotic devices and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed a rule that would cut Medicare reimbursements for durable medical equipment (DME), prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) by more than $7 billion from 2016 to 2020. The proposed rule would create significant changes to Medicare coverage and payment policies for DMEPOS, including a methodology for adjusting […]
Medical supply company CardioSom, LLC has prevailed in its lawsuit against the U.S. government, paving the way for some 300 other providers to follow suit, HME News reports. Chief Judge Patricia Campbell-Smith of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims recently ruled that the government was in breach of contract when it rescinded contracts in the original […]
In response to growing pressure from health care organizations to revise its face-to-face encounter regulations, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes Tuesday that would eliminate the narrative requirement in 2015. The proposed changes come on the heels of a lawsuit filed by the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), which […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Minnesota Home Care Workers Petition for Union Vote Despite SCOTUS Ruling July 9, 2014
- The Ensign Group Adds Denver Hospice to Growing Portfolio July 16, 2014
- CMS Pledges $100 Million to Streamline State Medicaid Programs July 16, 2014
- New York Plaintiffs File Class Action Lawsuit Over Home Care Cuts July 16, 2014
- Home Health Agencies Drunk on Medicare Need to Diversify July 17, 2014
- CMS Announces Round 2 Re-Compete for DME Bidding Program July 22, 2014
- Couple Arrested in $800,000 Home Health Fraud Scheme July 22, 2014
- Minnesota HHS Funds $3.5 Million for HCBS Innovation Programs July 22, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...