California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
Each day, thousands of home-based caregivers are put into life-and-death situations with little training and virtually no direct supervision, mainly because state payments are too low to cover additional training and oversight expenses, reports the Star Tribune. The Minneapolis-based newspaper interviewed more than two dozen personal care attendants and found that only one had received […]
While President Obama set a goal for all Americans to have a digital health record by this year, cost and other factors indicate significant challenges ahead for the nationwide transition to electronic health records (EHRs) for health care operators, writes the Washington Post in its Health Reform Watch series. EHRs are believed to be safer and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued four change requests that provide guidance on home health policy and claims processing issues, seeking to improve compliance and prevent program vulnerability. The first, Change Request 8699, prevents duplicate payments when overlapping inpatient and home health claims are out of sequence. The request improves safeguards […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Health, Personal Care Aides Top List of U.S. Fastest Growing Jobs September 3, 2014
- Home Care Leaders to CMS: Bidding Program ‘Profoundly Flawed’ September 10, 2014
- Top 5 Value Adds to Boost Curb Appeal for Home Care Sellers September 10, 2014
- How the Apple Watch Can Reshape Home Care September 11, 2014
- Home Care Workers Nixed from California’s Paid Sick Leave Bill September 11, 2014
- Fortune: Home Care Is Fastest Growing, But Worst Paying Job September 16, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- Private Equity Group Acquires New York Home Care Agency September 15, 2014
- Families Find Caregiving Comes With Startling Expenses September 15, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...