California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
Each day, thousands of home-based caregivers are put into life-and-death situations with little training and virtually no direct supervision, mainly because state payments are too low to cover additional training and oversight expenses, reports the Star Tribune. The Minneapolis-based newspaper interviewed more than two dozen personal care attendants and found that only one had received […]
While President Obama set a goal for all Americans to have a digital health record by this year, cost and other factors indicate significant challenges ahead for the nationwide transition to electronic health records (EHRs) for health care operators, writes the Washington Post in its Health Reform Watch series. EHRs are believed to be safer and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued four change requests that provide guidance on home health policy and claims processing issues, seeking to improve compliance and prevent program vulnerability. The first, Change Request 8699, prevents duplicate payments when overlapping inpatient and home health claims are out of sequence. The request improves safeguards […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Mayo Clinic Launches Telemedicine Pilot Using Walk-In Kiosks October 6, 2014
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 13, 2014
- Five Points Healthcare Acquires Willowbrook To Enter Tenn. Market October 13, 2014
- Americans Lack Sufficient Retirement Savings in 49 States October 13, 2014
- Tech Firm Brings Do-It-Yourself Home Care System to Senior Living October 14, 2014
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- Senior Community Links Hospitals With Care Visits to Reduce Readmissions October 15, 2014
- Study: Children Caregivers Spend 14+ Hours a Week Assisting Family Members October 15, 2014
- Hospice Proven to Reduce Hospitalization Risk for Nursing Home Residents October 15, 2014
- Seth Rogen Partners with Home Instead For Alzheimer’s Care Campaign October 14, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...