As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
While Medicare fraud isn’t specific to any one sector of healthcare, it can be a blemish on industries like home health, which ultimately suffer due to a few bad actors. However, implementing several key integrity reform measures can help strengthen federal payers like Medicare from further abusive practices, according to a recent report from the […]
California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
Each day, thousands of home-based caregivers are put into life-and-death situations with little training and virtually no direct supervision, mainly because state payments are too low to cover additional training and oversight expenses, reports the Star Tribune. The Minneapolis-based newspaper interviewed more than two dozen personal care attendants and found that only one had received […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Michigan Home Health Owner Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 13, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- Michigan Passes “Right To Try” Law, Allows Terminally Ill to Access Investigative Drugs October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Home Health Care Tech Targets Staff Education in New Rollout October 23, 2014
- Detroit Home Health Agency Founder Pleads Guilty to $22 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme October 23, 2014
- NAHC Establishes Ebola Task Force for Home Care Workers October 23, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...