The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will finally begin to implement its long-heralded fingerprint-based background checks for home health providers. As part of enhanced enrollment screening provisions contained in the Affordable Care Act, CMS announced it is beginning to phase in the implementation of fingerprinting background checks—an initiative three years in the making. […]
Federal investigators have uncovered some flaws with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) face-to-face rule—flaws costing $2 billion worth of erroneous home health Medicare claims, a recent report finds. Documentation standards for face-to-face encounters did not meet Medicare requirements for 32% of home health claims, resulting in $2 billion that should not have […]
Two United States Senators have introduced a bill seeking to limit federal oversight on mobile health technology in order to reduce the regulatory burden on the healthcare information technology industry and protect jobs. Senators Angus King (I-Maine) and Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) are sponsoring Senate Bill 2007, Preventing Regulatory Overreach to Enhance Care Technology Act of […]
A bipartisan letter from several House Representatives is calling for the postponement and re-evaluation of a rebasing rule that will cut home health payments by 14% over the next three years. Representatives Ralph Hall (R-TX), Tom Price (R-GA), David McKinley (R-WV) and Doris Matsui (D-CA) sent a letter earlier this week to House Speaker John […]
Following in the footsteps of its initial home health moratorium last year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will now bar new agencies from enrolling in four additional U.S. metros. CMS today announced a new temporary moratoria on the enrollment of home health agencies in Fort Lauderdale, Detroit, Dallas and Houston, as well […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Care Group Plans CMS Lawsuit Over Home Health Rule April 2, 2014
- Survey Shows CMS Competitive Bidding Program Is Not One-Size-Fits-All April 10, 2014
- Home Care Agency Rolls Out New Model to Reduce Hospital Readmissions April 10, 2014
- New Medicare Policies Threaten Home Health, Hospice Providers April 10, 2014
- Ensign Expands Home Health Portfolio Through Idaho Acquisition April 15, 2014
- CMS Readies Fingerprint Background Checks for Home Health Providers April 16, 2014
- Miami Home Health Fraud Scheme Nets 10 Arrests April 16, 2014
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York to Cut 775 Jobs in Mass Layoff April 16, 2014
- Home Care Group Responds to HHS Secretary’s Resignation April 15, 2014
- OIG Finds $2 Billion in Medicare Home Health Claims Paid in Error April 15, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...