Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
Each day, thousands of home-based caregivers are put into life-and-death situations with little training and virtually no direct supervision, mainly because state payments are too low to cover additional training and oversight expenses, reports the Star Tribune. The Minneapolis-based newspaper interviewed more than two dozen personal care attendants and found that only one had received […]
While President Obama set a goal for all Americans to have a digital health record by this year, cost and other factors indicate significant challenges ahead for the nationwide transition to electronic health records (EHRs) for health care operators, writes the Washington Post in its Health Reform Watch series. EHRs are believed to be safer and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued four change requests that provide guidance on home health policy and claims processing issues, seeking to improve compliance and prevent program vulnerability. The first, Change Request 8699, prevents duplicate payments when overlapping inpatient and home health claims are out of sequence. The request improves safeguards […]
The controversial face-to-face encounter requirements have been the subject of concern for many home health care organizations, whose staff and physicians must complete hours of “burdensome” paperwork to comply with the new regulations, industry professionals say. But with a surge in the use of electronic health records, a product has emerged that is helping physicians […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Eight in 10 Americans Oppose Medicare Cuts to Home Health August 19, 2014
- Direct-Care Group Exceeds Fundraising Goal to Improve Home Care August 26, 2014
- Ohio’s New Managed Care Plan Leaves Home Health Aides, Agencies Without Pay August 26, 2014
- Study Shows House Calls Pay Off, Slash Medicare Costs 17% August 26, 2014
- Home Health Agencies’ Transition to Managed Care Plan ‘Lukewarm At Best’ August 27, 2014
- Minnesota Home Health Workers Approve Union in Historic Election August 28, 2014
- AirStrip Raises $25M to Bring Mobile Tech into Home Health August 28, 2014
- Philips Smartphone App Targets Aging in Place Seniors August 28, 2014
- Miami Home Health Owner Sentenced In $6 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme August 27, 2014
- Maine Rallies Around Package of Bills Aimed at Aging in Place August 27, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...