The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) began sending emails last week to notify patients of the impending Round 2 of its Competitive Bidding program. CMS also sent emails to providers of home medical equipment (HME), notifying them that the agency would also be reaching out to patients, HME Business reports. The messages describe [...]
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has issued a final rule that amends its payment regulation for non-VA providers to include providers of home health and hospice services. Effective November 15, 2013, non-Va home health and hospice providers that do not have a negotiated contract with the VA will be paid the lowest Medicare rate [...]
Hospices would receive a payment increase of $180 million for fiscal year 2014 under a new proposed rule issued Monday. The payment boost would translate into a 1.1% increase in federal Medicare payments from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as a result of a 0.7% reduction in wage index changes and a 1.8% [...]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced today that home health claims that list an attending physician without a PECOS enrollment record will not be denied for the time being, reports Decision Health (DH). The announcement from CMS arrived via an email message to Medicare providers April 25. CMS had planned to implement an [...]
The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare (PQHH) commended members of the Senate Finance Committee for urging regulators to increase efforts to combat Medicare waste, fraud and abuse. Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Tom Coburn (R-OK) are urging the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to implement a moratorium on the installment [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Home Care, Hospice Components Add Competitive Edge in ACO Bids May 6, 2013
- CMS Warns Beneficiaries of DME Provider Change May 13, 2013
- CMS Deadline Approaches for Grandfathering DME Suppliers May 13, 2013
- Home Care Non-Profit Partners with CellTrak for Patient Monitoring May 14, 2013
- CMS Seeks Input on Proposed 2014 Hospice Wage Index May 14, 2013
- Industry Leaders Called to Zero-In on Suspected Home Health Fraud May 16, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- Tavenner Gets Official Senate Nod to Head CMS May 16, 2013
- Strike Force Busts 89 Scammers in Massive Medicare Fraud Takedown May 15, 2013
- Kindred and Dignity Enter Joint Venture to Expand Home Health in California May 15, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...