California Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill Wednesday that will provide paid sick leave to millions of workers in the state, however, in-home health care providers and several others won’t be able to benefit from the new law. The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB 1522), which is slated to take effect […]
Of the various provisions outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) 2015 proposed rule for the home health prospective payment system, just one section regarding new audit procedures for home health agencies has garnered opposition from a national hospital trade group. Specifically, the American Hospital Association (AHA) strongly opposes CMS’s proposal to […]
Each day, thousands of home-based caregivers are put into life-and-death situations with little training and virtually no direct supervision, mainly because state payments are too low to cover additional training and oversight expenses, reports the Star Tribune. The Minneapolis-based newspaper interviewed more than two dozen personal care attendants and found that only one had received […]
While President Obama set a goal for all Americans to have a digital health record by this year, cost and other factors indicate significant challenges ahead for the nationwide transition to electronic health records (EHRs) for health care operators, writes the Washington Post in its Health Reform Watch series. EHRs are believed to be safer and […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued four change requests that provide guidance on home health policy and claims processing issues, seeking to improve compliance and prevent program vulnerability. The first, Change Request 8699, prevents duplicate payments when overlapping inpatient and home health claims are out of sequence. The request improves safeguards […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- CMS: ACOs Yield $372M Medicare Savings, Better Patient Care September 17, 2014
- UPS Survey Finds Home Health On The Rise September 25, 2014
- PBS: Risk Aversion Trumps Compassion in Elder Care September 25, 2014
- FBI Investigating Ohio Home Care Company for $17 Million Fraud September 25, 2014
- U.S. News: Tips for Hiring In-Home Care September 29, 2014
- Home Care Nets Less Turnover With Training Focus October 1, 2014
- Home Health Company’s Fall Prevention Program Reduced Falls by 54% October 1, 2014
- Miami Home Care Agency Owner Arrested for $8 Million Medicare Kickback Scheme October 1, 2014
- Home Care Workers Urge Labor Secretary for Wage Increase—Soon September 30, 2014
- 7 Defendants Charged in $56 Million New Orleans Home Health Fraud September 30, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...