Any personally identifying information provided to HHCN is voluntary and used to fulfill a request or to assist in servicing those requests.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the features of HHCN Websites are available to you without providing personally identifiable information. However, the following are certain situations in which HHCN may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration for Newsletters. If you register online for one of HHCN’s newsletters, we may request personally identifiable information such as your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry you work in, and other personal and/or demographic information.
- Forms. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to complete any of the forms, profiles, or surveys on HHCN Websites.
- Correspondence. If you send HHCN personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send HHCN correspondence about your activities on HHCN Websites, HHCN may choose to collect and maintain such information in a file specific to you.
- Business Partners. HHCN may receive your personally identifiable information from one of HHCN’s business partners.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
HHCN does currently share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information when you make a request for information about obtaining assistance finding options on senior housing. This is fully disclosed to you prior to submitting any information to our service. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide HHCN services:
- Advertisers. HHCN may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, HHCN does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card number, and bank account number, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, HHCN reserves the right and you authorize HHCN to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when HHCN determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- You are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, HHCN’s rights or property;
- You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- It is necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- It is requested by authorized federal, state or other regulatory authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
HHCN may be forced to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although HHCN uses industry standard practices to protect your privacy,
HHCN does not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information and Use Preferences
You may, at any time, request a copy of HHCN’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of HHCN’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting HHCN via any of the methods set forth below:
Home Healthcare News
3717 N. Ravenswood Suite 212
Chicago, Illinois 60613
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Act Compliance
The HHCN Websites are fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM Act”). HHCN sends only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, specifically requested by HHCN subscribers. Subscriptions to HHCN newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to HHCN’s list.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. HHCN may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. HHCN gathers anonymous information about its users through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. Such aggregated information is used solely within HHCN’s internal organization, including its internal service providers, and is not shared with other third parties.
“Web beacons”, also called single-pixels (1×1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties (other than internal service providers) through the use of web beacons.
- Internal use of web beacons. HHCN may use web beacons internally to count users and recognize users through cookies. Access to cookies helps HHCN personalize your experience when you visit HHCN Websites.
- Email. HHCN may include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that HHCN, its affiliates or agents send. Including web beacons in email messages helps HHCN determine the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of web beacons. HHCN may also use web beacons externally. For example, HHCN may report aggregate information about HHCN website users, such as demographic and usage information, to its partners and other third parties. HHCN may also include other company’s web beacons within HHCN Websites.
Personally identifiable information you submit to HHCN is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas HHCN uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises HHCN security measures, HHCN will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Websites
Access and Use of HHCN Websites
HHCN Websites are intended to be accessed and used only by adults and are not directed to children under the age of 18. HHCN does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to permit us to use it for the purposes that we have communicated to you and comply with applicable law or regulations.
TRANSFER TO US OR OTHER COUNTRIES
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where HHCN has facilities, and by subscribing to and/or using our publications, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at:
Home Healthcare News
3717 N. Ravenswood Suite 212
Chicago, Illinois 60613
Please include your name and the address to which you would like us to respond.
Your continued access and use of HHCN’s Websites following the posting of any such changes shall automatically be deemed your acceptance of the same.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and HHCN, and your and HHCN’s respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or HHCN be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, and both you and HHCN hereby waive your rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.