OIG: Home Health Care on The Menu for 2012
The Office of Inspector General will be spending plenty of time looking into home health care in 2012 according to its work plan published earlier this week.
Some of the topics on the list to look into include:
- States’ Survey and Certification of Home Health Agencies: Timeliness, Outcomes, Followup, and Medicare Oversight (New)
- Medicare’s Oversight of Home Health Agencies’ Patient Outcome and Assessment Data
- Home Health Agency Claims’ Compliance With Coverage and Coding Requirements
- Home Health Agency Trends in Revenues and Expenses
- Home Health Services: Screenings of Health Care Workers
These are only a sample of the different topics the OIG will be looking into. For a full list, view here.
Written by John Yedinak