Louisville Health Care CEOs Form Council for Aging
On the heels of opening the doors to the industry’s first-ever technology innovation hub, in Louisville, Kentucky, leaders from some of the biggest home health care companies are teaming up with other executives from across the health care space in the city to revolutionize the city’s health care economy by establishing the Louisville Healthcare CEO Council, according to a report in the Louisville Business Journal.
In addition to uniting the city’s health care organizations and their respective leadership, another goal of the CEO Council is to promote Louisville’s reputation as a “wellness and optimal aging center.”
The council was formed through an official filing with the Kentucky Secretary of State on October 12, featuring the names of 10 health care executives as directors of the organization, including:
• Benjamin Breier, CEO of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: KND);
• Bruce Broussard, CEO of Humana, Inc. (NYSE: HUM);
• Randall Bufford, CEO of Trilogy Health Services LLC;
• Mark Carter, CEO of Passport Health Plan;
• Russell Cox, CEO of Norton Healthcare Inc.;
• Phil Marshall, CEO of Hosparus, Inc.;
• Joe Steier, CEO of Signature HealthCare, Inc.;
• Mark Vogt, CEO of Galen School of Nursing;
• Greg Weishar, CEO of PharMerica Corp. (NYSE: PMC); and
• Kennan Wethington, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kentucky.
Humana’s National Sales and Distribution Executive Leader Rick Remmers is listed as the council’s incorporator.
In-home health care provider Almost Family Inc. (Nasdaq: AFAM), was the only Louisville-based publicly traded health care company not featured in the filing.
David Buschman, managing director for Health Enterprise Network, confirmed the formation of the council to The Louisville Business Journal, but said the council will not be ready to comment until early 2018.
Home Health Care News reached out to Kindred, but the company declined to comment.
The group, however, is already underway in its search for a president/CEO, according to a job posting by Louisville-based H2R Consulting LLC’s website, who is conducting the search for the council.
Atria Senior Living and Elmcroft Senior Living are among other prominent senior housing and care companies headquartered in Louisville.
Written by Carlo Calma