Date: May 1, 2019
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
The CMS patient-experience surveys were created to improve the quality of health care across the U.S., but for many health care providers, the path to that improvement may begin with a headache. These surveys, many of which are part of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) program, mean publicly reported results and sometimes payment impacts. But rather than be a source of burden, surveys can instead serve as an opportunity.
Surveys result in the gathering of invaluable data and patient insights that health care providers can leverage to their own advantage to create a stronger future and establish new benchmarks and processes. Hear directly from three CMS-approved CAHPS vendors as they share from years of survey administrations and empowering health care agencies to achieve accurate and compliant survey outcomes.
In this session, home health and hospice agency leaders will learn everything from the basics to CMS-backed best practices for preparing for, and accomplishing, a patient survey with positive patient and provider impact.
Key Learning Points:
- Learn more about the timeline and potential for exemptions in the survey process
- Gain insights into leveraging Home Health Compare data and QAPI meetings
- Understand, and know how to utilize, benchmarking and goal-setting in preparation of a survey
- Learn what is, and most importantly what is not, acceptable within CMS parameters before, during, and after a CAHPS survey
- Better understand the important role of patient engagement in completing surveys and its direct impact on improving patient care delivery
- Increase knowledge of staff roles and responsibilities in improving patient experience and the overall impact of improved patient perception of care delivery