Approximately 18 million adults age 65 and older in the U.S. require some assistance with activities of daily living, however, but as several recent studies continue to show, the number of available caregivers needed to accommodate this demand will be in short supply. Nearly one-half of older adults—or 18 million people—had difficulty or received help […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
Calico, a life sciences company supported by Google, is making headway on plans to begin developing aging-related health care technologies, the first step of which includes building a $1.5 billion research center in California. The Google-backed company, which launched in September 2013, recently announced a research and development collaboration with AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), a global biopharmaceutical […]
Palliative care such as hospice has become widely accepted among patients and their families when it comes to end-of-life care, but some are saying this type of health care delivery falls short in several places, according to a recent report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM). The areas where end-of-life care requires the biggest overhauls […]
Seattle-based Providence Health & Services plans to fuel budding innovations across its health care system with the launch of a $150 million venture capital fund geared toward assisting early-stage companies. Improving quality and convenience of care, along with lowering costs, is at the heart of the initiative for Providence, a non-profit Catholic health care ministry […]
In a recent California case, a court ruled that home health workers hired to care for Alzheimer’s patients may not sue them or their families for injuries caused by those patients. But the ruling also raises new questions about where liability lies for in-home caregivers. The following guest column for Home Health Care news is […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Senior Living Provider Expands Home Care Service Options September 8, 2014
- Families Find Caregiving Comes With Startling Expenses September 15, 2014
- Private Equity Group Acquires New York Home Care Agency September 15, 2014
- LHC Group Closes $10 Million Acquisition of Life Care Home Health September 16, 2014
- National Nursing & Rehab Acquires Home Health Services of Texas September 16, 2014
- Study Finds 18 Million Americans Need Home Care September 18, 2014
- Google Advances Aging Tech Plans with $1.5 Billion Research Partnership September 18, 2014
- Experts Say Overhaul Needed on End-of-Life Care September 18, 2014
- Providence Health System Launches $150 Million Fund to Spur Tech Innovation September 17, 2014
- California Court Ruling Raises New Questions for Home Care and Alzheimer’s Patients September 17, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...