As the elderly population grows in the coming years, so too will the home care industry — but not without facing significant threats, industry experts say. The baby boom population will push the demand for home health care, with more than 10,000 boomers turning 65 every day. In addition to the sheer demographics, home health […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
A new technology startup is building a support platform that could disrupt the way families, health professionals and others access home healthcare services. CareZapp, in beta, has three main components: a private social network where caregivers and professionals can communicate and collaborate; a framework for applications that can assist with home care; and a network […]
While Medicare fraud isn’t specific to any one sector of healthcare, it can be a blemish on industries like home health, which ultimately suffer due to a few bad actors. However, implementing several key integrity reform measures can help strengthen federal payers like Medicare from further abusive practices, according to a recent report from the […]
Home and community-based services (HCBS) are grabbing the attention of senior living providers, and a growing number are entering the sector, data show. Today, more than half, or 52% of the largest not-for-profit system providers offer some sort of home and community-based service off-campus to non-residents, according to a recent Ziegler article citing research from the […]
Following a statewide campaign to raise the minimum wage, the Missouri Home Care Union announced Monday it had reached a deal with state negotiators to raise the wage for its home health workers. The collective bargaining agreement set home health care attendants’ wage between $8.50 and $10.15 an hour, less than the $11 proposed minimum […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Kindred, Gentiva Agree to $1.8 Billion Merger October 9, 2014
- Home Health EHR Tech Goes Mainstream on Apple App Store October 16, 2014
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- University of Illinois Launches Caregiver Research Center October 20, 2014
- U.S. News: Lack of Medicare Coverage Leaves Alzheimer’s Patients With Few Options October 20, 2014
- 3 Threats Facing the Home Health Care Industry October 22, 2014
- Tech Startup Eyes Untapped Opportunity in Home Health October 22, 2014
- Federal Report Presses Medicare for Stronger Anti-Fraud Reforms October 22, 2014
- Home and Community-Based Services Are Becoming Essential in Senior Living October 21, 2014
- Missouri Union Achieves Higher Wage For Home Care Workers October 21, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...