When competing against trendy “paint-and-sip” (think: BYOB with an artistic flair), fitness and frozen yogurt franchises, in-home senior care may not be the most up-and-coming concept. But three such companies have snagged spots among the top five in a list of emerging franchises, ranked by the Franchise Business Review. In its quest to find and […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced a final rule Thursday that will enact changes to the Medicare home health prospective payment system (HH PPS) for calendar year 2015, which the agency projects would reduce Medicare payments to home health agencies by .30%, or $60 million. “[The rule] will foster greater efficiency, flexibility, […]
Benjamin Breier, president and chief operating officer of Kindred Healthcare (NYSE: KND), will take over next year as CEO of the national post-acute and rehabilitation services provider, the company announced Thursday. Breier, 43 — who has been with Kindred since 2005, starting as president of the company’s rehabilitation division — will replace current CEO Paul […]
Seniors and people with disabilities can now benefit from Uber’s carriage services in one more U.S. city with the company’s newly expanded ride platform that launched this week. Tuesday, the more than $18 billion San Francisco-based ride service company announced San Diego is the latest city to provide transportation services specifically for the elderly and […]
A pill and wearable device combo that can detect serious health issues like cancer or heart attacks is Google’s (Nasdaq: GOOG) next big thing for the health care technology space. Known as the “Nanoparticle Platform,” Google is developing a new technology in the form of a pill and wearable device pair, that when in effect, […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- AAHomecare Unveils New App, ‘Nerve-Center’ for News October 20, 2014
- Encompass Home Health Seeks Buyer, $700 Million Price Tag October 27, 2014
- Study: Americans In Hospice Often Receive Less Than 1 Week of Care October 27, 2014
- WaPo Beats Government In Creation of Online Hospice Guide October 28, 2014
- VA Home Care Program Could Revolutionize Healthcare October 28, 2014
- Home Care Tops Fro-Yo, Fitness in Emerging Franchise Ranks October 31, 2014
- CMS Finalizes Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies October 31, 2014
- Breier to Lead $7.1 Billion Powerhouse Kindred Healthcare October 31, 2014
- No Wheels, No Problem: Uber Expands into Senior-Friendly Ride Services October 29, 2014
- Pill-Popping Tech is Google’s Next Big Play in Aging Health Care October 29, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...