In yet another sign that home health and in-home technologies are increasingly central to the U.S. health care system, the federal government has proposed making home health data a more significant part of hospitals’ electronic health records (EHRs). Incorporating home health data into an EHR would count toward objectives that eligible hospitals must meet to […]
Providers have a golden opportunity to boost their bottom lines thanks to the rising demand ...
It’s no secret that many home health agencies are turning to the latest technology and ...
This week, Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: APPL) unveiled its newest product offering in health care-related technology, ...
E-commerce giant Amazon is launching a new section in the United States, Home Services, where customers can shop for professional help, the company announced Monday. Services include house cleaning and other household chores, and may present competition for some private-duty home care agencies that provide those services for clients. At launch, the Amazon Home Services store […]
In the wake of Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s plans to phase out up to 13,000 independent home care workers, the state is now making moves to further regulate the home health care industry. Its next step? Agency licensure, which would create more robust oversight of “the inconsistency and poor quality of care some Ohioans say […]
In collaborating with hospitals to reduce preventable readmissions, home care agencies that embrace a social work approach stand to be the most valuable partners, according to experts who recently addressed providers in Chicago. Since the advent of the Affordable Care Act, hospitals have been placing more emphasis on tracking readmissions, especially now that they are […]
With home health agencies set to receive a “preview” of their first-ever star ratings from the government starting this week, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is taking steps to educate providers about how to understand and appeal the forthcoming reports. Nursing homes, physicians and other Medicare-certified providers already receive star ratings, which are […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Freeze Home Health Payments, Medicare Advisors Again Tell Congress March 17, 2015
- How Home Care Agencies Can Unlock Hidden Growth Potential March 25, 2015
- Growing Regulatory, Financial Concerns Push Home Health Consolidations March 25, 2015
- 4 Steps for Matching Home Health Patients with a Telehealth Solution March 25, 2015
- Home Care Prices Keep Pace with Assisted Living March 26, 2015
- Govt Rule Encourages Home Health Data in Hospital EHRs March 30, 2015
- Amazon — Home Care Agencies’ Newest Competitor? March 30, 2015
- Ohio Makes Moves to License Home Health Agencies March 30, 2015
- Home Care Attracts Hospital Partnerships with Social Work Services March 29, 2015
- Providers Prep for First Glimpse of Home Health Star Ratings March 29, 2015