National home health and hospice software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider Kinnser Software, Inc. aims to bring more simplicity and transparency to its clients who use the company’s flagship Kinnser Agency Manage platform. Earlier this month, Kinnser announced that it had completely reinvented and redesigned all new billing and revenue management tools within Kinnser Agency Manager, the result […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
A home medical equipment (HME) software and services provider entered an exclusive agreement with the American Association for Homecare (AAHomecare) to address audit issues in the HME industry. Brightree entered into the agreement with AAHomecare to be the information technology (IT) lead in shaping its HME Audit Key service. The HME Audit Key was born out […]
A Miami resident who owned a home health care company and was the administrator of another pleaded guilty for her involvement in a $74 million Medicare fraud scheme. Elsa Ruiz, 45, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Marcia G. Cooke to one count of conspiracy to commit heath care fraud. According to court documents, Ruiz […]
Reducing hospital readmissions for Medicare patients post-discharge doesn’t necessarily have to involve the latest tech gadgetry or even visits from a home health aide, a recent study suggests. Researchers from University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio found that an hour-long coaching session and three follow-up phone calls helped reduce hospital readmissions among Medicare […]
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has scaled back its restrictions requiring all hospice drugs to be approved before they can be dispensed. Now, prior authorization will only be necessary for four categories of prescription drugs: analgesics, anti-nauseants, laxatives and anti-anxiety medications, according to a recent CMS memorandum. “We recognize that the operational […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Miami Patient Recruiters Plead Guilty in $20 Million Home Health Fraud July 14, 2014
- Provider Cuts Home Care Services Due to Turnover Challenges July 21, 2014
- Private Equity Pegged as New Multi-Billion Dollar Gentiva Bidder July 21, 2014
- Minnesota HHS Funds $3.5 Million for HCBS Innovation Programs July 22, 2014
- Couple Arrested in $800,000 Home Health Fraud Scheme July 22, 2014
- Kinnser Reinvents Home Health and Hospice Software with New Features July 24, 2014
- Brightree Joins AAHomecare To Address Audit Issues July 24, 2014
- Miami Woman Bilks Medicare Out of $74 Million in Home Health Fraud Scheme July 24, 2014
- Home Training Sessions Reduced Hospital Readmissions by 39% July 23, 2014
- CMS Cuts Back on Hospice Drug Restrictions July 23, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...