Home health patients have long suffered from ailments relating to their tissues and organs, but one award-winning startup aims to eventually solve these aging problems entirely through the use of 3-D printing technology. That’s the idea behind BioBots, which had a sort of Facebook-esque start in a University of Pennsylvania dorm room last year. But […]
A startup that could change how home care providers connect and interact with seniors and ...
E-commerce giant Amazon is launching a new section in the United States, Home Services, where customers ...
Providers have a golden opportunity to boost their bottom lines thanks to the rising demand ...
In the latest sign that home health technology is entering a more intense phase of development, a home diagnostics startup has secured $35 million from investors, the company announced Monday. The Series B funding comes two years after the Silicon Valley-based company, Scanadu, raised almost $1.7 million from more than 8,500 backers on the crowdfunding […]
A New Jersey home health agency owner has admitted her role in a $7 million scheme to defraud Medicaid and engage in bribery, money laundering, and tax evasion, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Among the details of the alleged crimes are actions that defrauded Medicaid by submitting false documents to the N.J. Board […]
Home health care revenues declined slightly on a national basis for the third straight year in 2013, but a significant number of individual states bucked that trend. From a peak of more than $19.5 billion in 2010, total home health agency revenues dropped to about $18.1 billion as of 2013, according to recently released data […]
Home health care aides accounted for more criminal convictions in fiscal year 2014 than any other provider type investigated and prosecuted by Medicaid Fraud Control Units (MFCUs) throughout the United States. Out of 1,318 criminal convictions in 2014, 30% involved home health care aides, according to the recently released annual report on MFCU activity from […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Agency Faces $50 Million Lawsuit Over Absent Home Care Aide April 14, 2015
- Wall Street Interest in Home Care Grows After Medicare Fix April 21, 2015
- Humana Beefs Up In-Home Services with Acquisition April 21, 2015
- Home Health Business Briefs: Joint Venture Formed, Agency Names New President April 22, 2015
- Home Equipment Providers to Re-Compete for Medicare Contracts April 22, 2015
- 3-D Printing: A Brave New World for Home Care? April 27, 2015
- Startup Raises $35 Million for Home Health Diagnostics Technology April 27, 2015
- Home Health Aides Paid Hundreds for Fraudulent Certifications April 27, 2015
- Top 5 States for Home Health Revenue Growth April 26, 2015
- Home Health Aides Are No. 1 Medicaid Fraud Offenders April 26, 2015