High caregiver turnover rates continue to plague the home care industry, but implementing a program focused on employee recognition shows considerable promise in helping agencies retain quality staff. Caregiver turnover is the biggest threat to home care providers in 2015, according to results from the 2015 Private Duty Benchmarking Study conducted by Home Care Pulse, […]
Despite favorable demographics driving home health demand, some of the nation’s largest home health companies ...
It doesn’t matter how old you are, eating is vital to living an independent and ...
Tech giants Apple and IBM are launching a program to put iPads with health care ...
A huge proportion of Medicare beneficiaries who are homebound do not receive medical or other services, suggesting that U.S. home care providers have a large untapped market. “The homebound population of older adults is 50% larger than the nursing home population in this country but almost completely invisible,” said Sarah Szanton of the Johns Hopkins […]
In the latest instance of home health care fraud, the former in-house counsel of an Ocean County, New Jersey-based home health care company has admitted to stealing more than $2.6 million from his former employer, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Matthew S. Neugeboren pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Mary L. Cooper in […]
Enhanced home- and community-based care is one goal of sweeping new regulations governing the Medicaid managed care system, proposed Tuesday by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The much-anticipated proposed rule sets forth more detailed requirements for Medicaid managed care plans that cover long-term services and supports, which can include in-home care. Under […]
When it comes to prosecuting large corporations and small-time offenders for Medicare fraud in Florida, it’s a “Tale of Two Justices,” writes one Orlando Sentinel columnist is a recent opinion piece. A discrepancy exists, argues the Sentinel’s Scott Maxwell, between the penalties handed to big-time fraudsters such as hospitals and large nonprofits, compared to smaller […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Most Read: Innovative Home Care Providers Net Reluctant Clients May 15, 2015
- Home Health Providers Reel as Margins Plummet May 21, 2015
- Memorial Day Weekend Most Read: Wall Street Bullish on Home Health May 22, 2015
- Black Caregivers Banned From White Client Lose Appeal May 25, 2015
- Home Health Business Briefs: Nonprofits Merge, New Hospice Staff May 26, 2015
- How to Retain Home Care Workers Without Breaking the Bank May 27, 2015
- Only 10% of Homebound Seniors Receive Care May 27, 2015
- ‘Power of Attorney’ Has New Meaning in $2.6 Million Home Health Scheme May 27, 2015
- Major New Medicaid Proposal Promotes Home Care May 26, 2015
- Home Health Fraud: Small-Time Crooks Get Oversized Sentences May 26, 2015