As home health care companies struggle to keep reduce employee turnover rates and compete to attract clients, one element is at the heart of an agency’s success: training. Ongoing training programs for employees to advance their skills can reduce costly turnover, said Sharon Brothers, founder and CEO of the Institute for Professional Care Education, during The Home […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
Expanding upon a fall prevention research program originating in New Zealand, a Chicago home health agency has been able to reduce falls among assisted living residents by more than 50%. Adopting research from a fall prevention trial program run by the Otago Medical School in Dunedin, New Zealand, the CEO of Chicago-based company Simply Home […]
The owner of a Miami home health care agency has been arrested in connection with an $8 million health care fraud scheme involving kickbacks, according to FBI reports. Orelvis Olivera, 45, of Miami, was charged earlier this week with conspiracy to commit health care and wire fraud, conspiracy to pay and receive kickbacks and paying […]
National workers’ advocacy, civil rights and women’s groups are urging the Department of Labor to implement long-awaited reforms that include extending federal minimum wage and overtime protections for home care workers. “The basic rights of two million home care workers—predominantly women and disproportionately women of color—once again hang in the balance, as the administration appears at […]
Seven defendants were charged this week for their participation in a $56 million New Orleans home health fraud scheme, bringing the defendant count in the case to 13. Of the 13 defendants, three pleaded guilty this week to the charges. The scheme was conducted from 2007 to 2014 through several companies that purported to offer […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Experts Say Overhaul Needed on End-of-Life Care September 18, 2014
- PBS: Risk Aversion Trumps Compassion in Elder Care September 25, 2014
- FBI Investigating Ohio Home Care Company for $17 Million Fraud September 25, 2014
- U.S. News: Tips for Hiring In-Home Care September 29, 2014
- Employee Union Keeps $34 Million in Dues from Unpaid Home Care Workers September 29, 2014
- Home Care Nets Less Turnover With Training Focus October 1, 2014
- Home Health Company’s Fall Prevention Program Reduced Falls by 54% October 1, 2014
- Miami Home Care Agency Owner Arrested for $8 Million Medicare Kickback Scheme October 1, 2014
- Home Care Workers Urge Labor Secretary for Wage Increase—Soon September 30, 2014
- 7 Defendants Charged in $56 Million New Orleans Home Health Fraud September 30, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...