With the rumored September release of Apple’s “HealthKit” service, the tech giant may soon be tapping into the $9 billion-plus mobile health care market, becoming a mainstay for big-name health providers, Reuters reports. The Cupertino-based firm unveiled the service in June, announcing that it could collect and store a user’s fitness and health information all […]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
Fraud has long blighted federal healthcare programs, but even as the government recovers billions of dollars from fraudsters each year, waste and abuse activity continues to elude authorities, reports The New York Times in a recent article. Despite the Obama Administration’s war on health care fraud and the slew of task forces and outside contractors […]
More than eight in 10 registered voters support action to prevent cuts to Medicare Home Health, a recent national survey finds. The cuts are estimated to directly affect more than one million seniors and nearly half a million home health professionals. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed changes July 1 that would reduce […]
Home medical equipment (HME) providers say proposed changes to audit and competitive bidding programs for medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) suppliers should be implemented before the end of the year. As the August legislative recess is underway, industry stakeholders are voicing support for H.R. 5083, or the Medicare DMEPOS Audit Improvement and Reform (AIR) […]
Federal investigators announced Friday the take down of a massive health care fraud scheme that involved more than $60 million of improper billing to Medicare and Medicaid and the convictions of 39 defendants in Michigan. Propagated by ringleader Babubhai Patel, 51, of Canton, Mich., the scheme involved 26 pharmacies, nine doctors and several home health […]
Subscribe to free news updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- HHS Grants $106 Million to Support Home Care Programming August 6, 2014
- CMS Pilot Survey Shows High Satisfaction Scores in Home, Hospice Settings August 13, 2014
- Hybrid, Pay-Per-Visit Models Offer Boon to Home Care Providers August 13, 2014
- Home Care Assistance Grows North of the Border with New Canada Branch August 14, 2014
- GAO: CMS Lacks Reliable Data, Oversight August 14, 2014
- 2014: The Year Apple Makes a Big Play in Health Care? August 19, 2014
- NY Times: Health Care Fraud Proves Elusive for Medicare August 19, 2014
- Eight in 10 Americans Oppose Medicare Cuts to Home Health August 19, 2014
- HME Industry Rallies Against Competitive Bidding August 18, 2014
- Investigators Dismantle $60 Million Home Health, Pharmacy Fraud Ring August 18, 2014
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...