A new website aims to make a family’s search for a home health agency a little easier, while also providing tips for hiring a caregiver. Through HomeCareChoice.com families can find various home care agencies in their area, featuring providers of medical home health care, non-medical home care, companion care as well as hospice services. “While [...]
The Obama Administration’s FY 2014 budget released earlier this week included several proposals that put ...
Home health and hospice providers can now receive insight into their competition with the releases ...
The owners of a Virginia home health care agency were sentenced last week to 121 ...
State Medicaid fraud prevention programs now have the ability to receive federal funding to identify fraud through data mining, according to a new final rule from the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services. The new rule amends a provision in HHS regulations that barred state Medicaid Fraud Control [...]
The state of Ohio will be ramping up on background checks for home health care workers as a result of a new $2.1 million federal grant. The Ohio Governor’s Office of Health Transformation (OHT) has announced the state will use the grant to improve criminal background checks for direct-care workers in home- and community-based settings, and [...]
On the heels of an announcement yesterday that nearly 100 individuals have defrauded the government for $223 million in Medicare fraud, home health leaders are calling for a more targeted approach to zero-in on suspected areas within their industry. “The government’s own data show that abusive billing practices in home health occur in isolated parts [...]
East Coast-based home health provider Preferred Home Health & Nursing Care Services today announced it is boosting its market presence through the acquisition of Acelleron Medical Products. The acquisition of Acelleron, a Massachusetts-based durable medical equipment provider, Preferred plans to expand its home health care reach into New England. “We are very happy to bring [...]
Sign Up for Free Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Patient Recruiter Sentenced in $20 Million Home Health Kickback Scheme May 7, 2013
- CMS Seeks Input on Proposed 2014 Hospice Wage Index May 14, 2013
- Remote Monitoring Home Care Tech Forecasts Market Swell May 14, 2013
- Pennsylvania Praised for Supporting Efforts to Home Care Access May 15, 2013
- Kindred and Dignity Enter Joint Venture to Expand Home Health in California May 15, 2013
- New Website Streamlines Search for Home Care Agencies May 20, 2013
- State Medicaid Fraud Crackdowns Now Qualify for Federal Funds May 20, 2013
- Ohio Ramps Up Home Health Care Background Checks May 20, 2013
- Industry Leaders Called to Zero-In on Suspected Home Health Fraud May 16, 2013
- Preferred Home Health Expands into New England Through DME Acquisition May 16, 2013
- CNBC: Home Health Care Likely Target in Fraud Schemes | Home Health Care News: [...] fraud on the list: billing Medicare for hom...
- Shelly Cook: That's great announcement! I have found that litt...